Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-10-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
i want a good one a real good one with slo mo and i guess its called time lapse were u shoot for like 14 hours and then show it playing real fast. but i want a real good one
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-10-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
I use Adobe Premier Pro, it works great for me! I just love it.
Old    murrayair            01-10-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
If you've got big bucks to spend and are willing to put in the time to learn the program, then Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro are great. However a more reasonable program for most people would be Adobe Premier Elements. It's got a lot of the features that Premier Pro has, but at about one sixth of the price. I would only reccomend Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro to someone who is doing some pretty serious editing (like making a pro-quality movie). Of course if you've got $600-1200 that you don't mind parting with for the Pro versions, then go for it. But Elements has pretty much everything you'll need for casual editing that still looks really great.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-10-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
I got the Adobe Premier Pro For Dummy's Book it totally taught me everything about the program. But it very tedious, and after using it for 2 years all the time I am still learning new features and short cuts.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-10-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
what features does premier pro have
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-10-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
anything and everything you could ever imagine.

Its just learning how to do use all the features that takes some time...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-10-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Freaking everything. You can honestly do everything on it.

you can DL a PFD from their site.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
I just got Final Cut Express this year. It works great and not so expensive. It worked like a charm editing and transfering AVCHD files.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-11-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
I have Have Final Cut Studio 6 and its just awesome. Do it all in Final cut, make your own music score in Soundtrack, Bring your cut into color and bring it to life, then export it out to DVD studio pro to share with your friends.

Honestly if your not ready to dump $6,000 then just get Final cut express or something simple.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-11-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
how quick are those programs in rendering? I have an older version of pinnacle that takes forever to render stuff. It is also locking up so I may be looking into something different myself. I just hate to have to relearn using a program. Is the adobe similar to photoshop cs? I am getting better with that.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-11-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
adobe makes photoshop.
photoshop = photo editing
premiere pro = video editing

how long it takes programs to render = depends on your computer processor & ram
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-11-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Rendering to a certain extent depends on your computer and the quality your are rendering
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-12-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
sorry should have been more specific. I know that adobe=photoshop & premier pro. I was wondering if the function of things in premier pro were similar to photoshop. I would guess they would be.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-12-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Vegas Video works well and is quite cheap, or free if you find a working torrent site