Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    head461            12-08-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
I just got an oneil boost dry suit and went out this weekend. My problem is every time I took a header lots of water came in through the neck and soaked my shirt. I read on here to roll the neoprene seal inside itself about an inch, I had it like that when this happened.

Oh yea, the neck seal is really tight so I don't think it's a size problem.

Any suggestions?????
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quit falling on your head
Old    leggester            12-08-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
actually, it's at least an inch - two is better. There is little cure for this unless you get a neck seal so tight no blood goes to your head.

All seals are FOLDED, not rolled unders to the rubber is in contact with your skin.
Old    lachlantait            12-08-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
hahaha so thats what happens when your DRYsuit leeks sort of ironic in a way
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-09-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Aaron,
I have noticed water will come in a little through the neck when I take a header, however if I am wearing my hood, no water at all will come in. The hood over laps the neck seal.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    aka Bradley Beach            12-09-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
I have the same problem but the little amount of water that comes in isn't that big of a deal.

My only suggestion is to not crash!
Old    hitit            12-09-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
That's the problem with that type of seal. I opted for ther Bare Ultra Dry. It's a bag suit with latex seals.
Old     (doorman_sd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-09-2003, 5:59 PM Reply   
Aaron I got the same suit it works great for me. Like Matt said just fold it down an inch or two. And if all else fails just pack 3 to 4 t- shirts or sweat shirts in a bag and a x-tra pair of sweat bottoms and problem solved. A little water is a small trade off from wearing the old wet suit and freezing.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-10-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have the same problem with my Boost suit. I've tried the neck seal folded both inside and out - both leak! I just resorted to takiing extra clothing on the boat.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-12-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
I don't get any water down my neck with my Boost, but I do get a little on the lower leg. Anybody have this problem?
Old    head461            12-12-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Bruce,
I have'nt had that happen (I have only been out once in my suit) but a friend of mine that was having that problem pulled the seals up higher and that fixed it unless he took a hard fall. Hope that helps:-)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-13-2003, 12:30 AM Reply   
Haha I probably stay drier in my wetsuit then you guys do in your drysuits. I have an O'Niell drysuit and used it for a couple of seasons then bought a OS Systems drysuit, which in my opinion, is much better with all latex seals. The past couple of years I have been using an O'Niell 4/3 Z.E.N. Zip wetsuit and will sometimes get a little water down the front but stay for the most part dry. With a wetsuit you have more flexability and comfort. Now if the water in California got much below 50 degrees it might be another story.