Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-08-2015, 12:47 PM Reply   
I started looking more closely at Centurion boats but I am confused with all the model names. I am looking at boats in the 20-30k category. V-drives. Looking to use the boat for wakeboarding and surfing as well as a family style boat. From the little research I have done I have heard that the wake on these gets very rampy and un-even. Is this just a certain model? Being beginners I was looking at the Sanger V215 boats partly because the wake seemed good for beginners. With the Centurion I have heard they can be good for surf set ups as well and is another boat in in my price range. I see names like air warrior, Hurricane, Cyclone, Elite V....etc...Most of the boats I am seeing are in the early to mid 2000's. Is there something I should be staying away from?
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-08-2015, 12:53 PM Reply   
Elite v lightning hurricane are same hull. Air warrior is an option package for that hull. It has spray pockets that make surf wave hard to dial and never the best. Doable, but hard. You have to lean it on its side like crazy.

Mine is 02 elite v. Wakeboard wake is very vertical, and fun but if you put any weight in it prepare to speed up a lot to clean the wake up. No 17mph kinda stuff is gonna happen.!
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-08-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
I like the centurion, and CCC is a great resource. But would look toward an avalanche or Enzo, or 2006 + for elite v (hull changed) I think cyclone hull was always pretty good for surfing

An Avy can be had for 28-30 I bet

For a beginner wakeboarding boat, if you wanted slow speed riding I would look hard At a 205v or something. But think centurions would do fine as well, just a little faster and less forgiving transition. I would describe them as the opposite of rampy, very vertical

Last edited by King12; 07-08-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2015, 12:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by King12 View Post
Elite v lightning hurricane are same hull. Air warrior is an option package for that hull. It has spray pockets that make surf wave hard to dial and never the best. Doable, but hard. You have to lean it on its side like crazy.

Mine is 02 elite v. Wakeboard wake is very vertical, and fun but if you put any weight in it prepare to speed up a lot to clean the wake up. No 17mph kinda stuff is gonna happen.!

This post is pretty right on. This hull was a great multisport hull. Not really a pure wakeboard machine but a respectable beginner intermediate boat. I leaned all my inverts off it. . Tons of room in the boat but factory ballast was about the max wake setup. Great for Newbs, beginners, and intermediate riders. The boat rides and performs well with factory ballast. But adding extra 1000 pounds really does nothing. It's a very steep wake not rampy as are most Centurions because of their deep V hulls. So I would stay away from hurricane/ lightning/elite v hull. This is also the hull with the weird wake on the passenger side. It's weird in that you really need to weight to boat off level. It needs toean little to passenger side to keep wakes clean.

I would be looking Avalanche, Cyclone or Elite V C4( this a a completely different boat than standard Elite v............ this is where info gets mixed and scewed ). . Both the Cyclone and Avy boats share the same hull design. The Cylone is the 20ft 8 version and the Avalanche is 22ft. Both boats produce great wakes with nice pop off factory ballast. The Elite V C4 has a similar design to to the Avy and Cyclone. It's much better surf and wakeboat. No matter what model make sure it has the hydraulic wake plate. The boats NEED IT .

The Air warrior was a graphics package offered on both the Elite v and Elite V C4. Again another confusing point between the Elite V and Elite V C4. You can easily tell the difference in hulls. As mentioned the Elite V has huge spray pockets or notches out of the back of the hull. The other easy spot is that the boat flares to a 30-40 angle and widens just below rub rail on the Elite V. The Elite V C4 has more traditional lines and no spray pockets.