Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2011, 5:40 PM Reply   
Anyone know a place that has a Tsunami 1200 on sale? I need 2.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       05-11-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
I've posted it in other threads before but you can save a little bit ($10-20 each) and get a better end result "building" your own pump with the Premium Ballast Hose from WakeMakers if you don't mind spending a little time.

I just redid my StraightLine pump with the premium ballast hose and all FlyHigh fittings and it's so much nicer than it was with that cheap vinyl tubing. I had a permanent kink that had formed in mine right where it went over the side of the hull. So, when I was filling it was really affecting the flow. I would have to sit there and hold the hose or get really slow fill times. I can roll it up much tighter for storage and no kinks.

Here's a quote from another thread where I covered all of the parts:
Quote:
...I would go to wakemakers and get a plain Tsunami 1200 along with a W738, a W734, 8-9 ft of their 1" Premium Ballast Hose, 15-20 ft of the 16/2 wire, 2 1" hose clamps. Then go to Radio Shack and get a 12 volt outlet adapter to plug the wire into the "Cigarette" lighter.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...odsInSession=1

And a couple of heat shrink crimp on connectors:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3004022
If you go with the 1" hose and the 1 1/8" fittings you'll need to use a hair dryer to heat it up and then lube the fitting with some binding lube to get it on there.

Last edited by Jeff; 05-11-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Thanks