Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-25-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
So is anyone going to actually watch the pro bowl this year? I mean half the starting line ups have withdrawn and they're promoting people that should never have made the pro bowl into pro bowlers. I think this experiment with the game has totally backfired on the nfl.
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-25-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Here's your list of guys that got in due to the Super Bowl:

David Garrard
Vincent Jackson
Heath Miller
Kevin Mawae
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Shaun Ellis
Yeremiah Bell

Donovan McNabb
David Diehl
Chris Snee
Ryan Kalil
Antrel Rolle
Quinten Mikell
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-25-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I think it shows what they were trying to find out. Take away a trip to Hawaii, actually try and attract NFL fans, and the players lose interest. I will say that I myself am more likely to watch it in this format than the former format in Hawaii. I do think instead they should do a 3rd place playoff game....
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-25-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
3rd. place game? You've obviously never played football... There is not a football player on this planet that gives a rat's @ss about a 3rd. place game...
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
I think the NFL hit it on the head. They couldn't care less about what the players think about it. they care about revenue. they will get better ratings, more asses in seats not to mention the merchandise revenue that will rise just due to it being in the city with the SB and all of the assets already in place.

Either way, I have never watched nor will I ever.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-25-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
So David Garrard replaced Peyton Manning. hmmm never thought I'd hear that in my lifetime. Add this up with all the players that pulled out from "injury" and the superbowl players were sorely needed. I mean Vince Young made the pro bowl? That's just funny. Just wait till Favre pulls out, wouldn't doubt it, and some other 'okay' QB gets in.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-25-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
They should switch it to a flag football game then all the pros will come out.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
....annnnd favre is out haha. What a waste of a game..
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-26-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Pro Bowl is a joke. How do the Bengals get one player on the Pro Bowl??? As a replacement??? Give me a break.