Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    backdoc            02-04-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
If anyone owns either one, could you give me input. Performance riding ect. Thanks I want to buy a boat at the boat show but dont know alot about either, so anything would truly help.
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
I had the same question. I choose the boat that I liked and felt that it fit better for me. Key points for me to choose the LSV

- X45: Brand new model and boat... could have problems not yet solved my manufacturer.

- X45: 10-15 k more

- LSV: Easier to tow

But dealerships near me have very cool salesman. So that was not an issue. People will tell you to test drive, test drive, test drive. Im sure both perform good, its all about personal perference. I asked myself, will I be happy with this boat in 5 years?
Old    backdoc            02-04-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
What year boat did you purchase and approx cost? The difference in cost between the two boats that I been quoted is only 6,000 more for MC. Thanks romi for your input I appreciate the help.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-04-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I don't have any experience with the X-45, but I currently own a 2000 LSV, which is a great boat, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
I guess prices really do vary by location. At the Knoxville Boat Show this week, the Mastercraft dealer has a really nice X-45 for $58K and change (the X-Star is $65K and change). I don't think I need a big boat (and the X-45 is really, really big), but I was blown away with how nice it is.

The Malibu dealer had a VLX for $55K+ (yep, within $3K of the X-45), an LSV for more than the X-45 ($59K), and a Sunscape 25 in the low $60K's. They even had a "custom" XTi (Harley Davidson patches on the upholstery and custom wheels) for $59K.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
My boat show research shows the following "boat show specials."

Personally, I take a Tige 24V above both and I'm not even a big Tige fan....

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
Note...both have upgraded motors...the 8.1 and L18....

E.J.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       02-05-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Have you looked at the new Super Air's?
You can get one loaded out the door for 60k.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
Superairs air quite a bit smaller than what he is asking about. I think he is looking for a bigger boat.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-05-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
Does the Supra have a 23 ft boat? I'm a Malibu fan myself but that new supra in those pics looked pretty sweet.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-05-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
You should be able to get a nicely equiped 23 malibu in the mid 50's with a trailer. That price seems like retail or close to it.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-05-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Supra does have a 24ft boat... 24V I belive they call it.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-05-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Supra Launch 24SSV
Old    kscrib            02-13-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
Prices in KCMO -

2005 LSV $52K (340 HP)
2006 X-30 $60K - before negotiations start (350 HP)

both were equipped with similar options (neither had heaters or shower)
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
I'm a nautique guy, but out of those two I would definitely go with the LSV
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
i am a nautique guy too... but my vote to the x-45 (a buddy has a x-star, and that is a pimp boat !!!)

a lot will depend on your taste... the x-45 has MAJOR BLING going for it - the pickle fork front is awesome and not to mention the tower, board rack, and space the boat has also the wake is frickin hugh !!! the boat is also incredibly smooth.

if the price difference is only $6k ( that is like $10-$13 a month)..x-45 all the way !!!
Old    zboomer            02-13-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
I'd love to see the finance terms where $6k is $10 a month, lol.

I'll second the bling thing. If you're the type who thinks spinners are cool, go for the X45.

If you have a clue and think stuff like that is lame, consider the LSV, lol.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
my bad....on a 15 year loan at 5.25 % a extra $6k is $48 a month (about $8 per $1000)

$50k financed for 15 years is $402 a month
$56k financed for 15 years is $450 a month

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 13, 2005)
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-15-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Jerry let me throw one other option out there, Have you looked at the 05 X30. Its all new this year. I was checking it out and talking to my guys from Ski World at the boat show a couple of weekends ago. They were not sold yet on the X-45. If you ask the guys they will point out the plate that is on the back of the boat inorder to help the stearing or something like that. It really depends on what you want to do. I have a 02 x-star and I am looking at the 05 x-star but the x30 did get my attention. And you can get it for like $58K out the door loaded with everything. Just a thought.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-15-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
I spent some time crawling over the MC -45 and the LSV at the local boat show. The MC has the better build quality where it counts. Malibu is not bad, but the MC was clearly a step ahead. For a good example, look at how the wires were supported and how the hardware is attached.
Old     (x10wakerider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-15-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
MasterCraft all the Way!!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Hey what's $6,000 when you are paying 5.25% for 180 months!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
a buddy has a x-star and it is a very, very smooth ride, and the wake is incredible.

though i havent been in a lsv, i can say i am very impessed with mc ( i am a nautie owner)
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2005, 6:22 AM Reply   
The front of the bow isn't for the bling--it is for the storage. Under the bow seats I keep 18 orange life jackets and a table for the rear. In addition there is room to store four boards plus towels and other assorted gear. Then comes the room for the people. The bow will seat three with ease--but not uncommon to get four or five women laying out in the bow while everyone else boards and mucks around the main area of the boat.

The bow is definately noticable though. If you want a boat that looks like all the others on the water--do not get the X-45. When you take the X-45 on the lake people will know you have a new Mastercraft. Unless you know your boats well--tough to tell any of the others apart by brand, much less year of manufacture. The malibu does have the Illusion tower going for it as a recognizable feature.

(Message edited by whit on February 16, 2005)
Old    ilovetrains            02-16-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Just came from the boat show. My favorite going in was the LSV, waiting for the money to order one. I wanted to see the new X-30 and X-45. The local MC delaer did not have one of either, and did not thingk he would get one soon. He said he was very disapointed with both boats when he saw them and drove them at the dealer meeting. I am also looking at the Supra 24 which he also carries. He told me that if I did not like th Supra to buy the LSV because I would not be happy iwth the MC boats. I was kind of surprised by his answer. I should mention that he and I see each other outside the Wakeboarding world, we both have trail Jeeps' and go off road as part of a club, so he knows he will see me from time to time.

Before everyone starts screaming, I am not slamming the Mc product. Just passing on what one of the dealers has to say.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-16-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Matthew,
The rumor mill has it that your friend is no longer an MC dealer...do you think this has something to do with his poor outlook on the new boats and their lack of representation at the show?
It would be a sad thing indeed for someone like your friend to bash the boat out of spite… You should drive it yourself and form your own opinions good, bad or indifferent.
Old     (aprgriggs)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-16-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
My god father just got a X45 and he loves it. It has a great wake and plenty of room for people.

Plus I don't think you can go wrong with a mastercraft. Good Luck
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-16-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
The lsv is a great boat, great build, and you can't go wrong with it. I was in both at the ny show and the x-45 just didn't seem as nice as the malibu. I know it was a prototype so with this and looking at the other boats I would put their quality as even. Mainly it comes down to wake preference, and also where you want more room since the x-45 has more in the front, and the lsv has more in the back. The other thing would be performance since I was told the x-45 doesn't accelerate or turn as well as the x-star, which I personally do not like to drive (I like the nautique and malibus which turn on a dime(also the x-2)
Old    xtreme_kc            02-16-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
I first off want to stress that I was not slamming the X-45/30. I merely answered a customer that I have to look in the eye for several years to come honestly about my opinion of the new MasterCraft. It was, in my opinion, hard to steer. I also said that I assume MasterCraft will get the issue resolved soon.

I am confident that my sales staff answers their clients questions honestly, and handles their business with integrity.

As far as my not being a dealer for MasterCraft, that is news to me. Care to tell me how and from whom you heard that bit of news in North Carolina from Kansas City? (BAT PHONE?)
Old    cwb_wakestud            02-16-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
where exactly is alamo ca? cause there is a boat show in Paso Robles, Ca Feb. 26th and 27th at the Paso Fair Grounds. if it sounds familiar you should go b/c there will be MC and Malibu dealers there.