Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
We hit San V on Thursday and I couldn't believe how dead it was. There were very few boats and very little wind, so we had great conditions. We got the slalom course from 10-2 and we were the only boat there! Anyway, it was tons of fun. Here are some pics...

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-27-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
nice pics. looks like you had a good time.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-27-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Damn would you check out that Motley Crew Nice pics Dave looks like you had a good time. How is San V these days anyways?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-27-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
Dang, nice day.

You ridin' a CWB Transcend?

Who's that second guy?

Looks like Paula was throwin' down as usual.

Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-27-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for letting us sneak in a little early! It was nice to have a few runs before the other two boats showed up. You were so right Thane - much props to Paula! She threw down a HUGE hs 180 as they were leaving. Very nice to see some other ladies out there tearing it up. She is a tough act to follow.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Amay, I told you guys not to start until 2:00!! You owe me money for riding in my time slot!! :-)

Randy, as you can see, San V was very nice on Thursday, but the water level is scary low. I think they're going to have to buy some if they want to stay open until 10/31. The main ramp was closed and the bottom of the ramp was out of the water.

Thane, that's Glen Burk, also known as hairbanddude. Yeah, I'm riding a Transcend. When you're riding at my level (which is somewhere beyond pro), you need a top-level board! :-)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-27-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
If you think that was empty, just wait 2 weeks!
Old    cuteguy            08-27-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
Why does the guy grabbing his board in the last picture look like he's about to crap his pants?

(Message edited by cuteguy on August 27, 2004)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-27-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
thanks Dave for a good time! Epic conditions. Can't wait for winter, we got a taste of it yesterday. Jack Burk was so tired by 3:30 he couldn't hold out any longer. He even missed his kneeboarding run.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-27-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
Nice to see you put the keyboard down, and get out for a set or two, Dave!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
Jack, you should see the next picture in the series. I actually did poop my pants! :-)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-27-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
Paula! Another wakeboard, what do you do with them all

Oh Dave thats not a pretty face. How did you like the Transcend? I'm thinking of getting one, when I'm in florida.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-28-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Great pics Dave! I found that during the week (Thursday, Friday) is the only time to go to San V.

I like the pic of Jack sleeping. Every time we are in the boat my 3 year old falls asleep (he won't sleep anyplace else). The rocking of the boat must put them out.

BTW, if you think San V is deserted during the week, go to the river during the week, especially on a Monday. Last Monday we spent the entire day on Martinez and saw one other boat for about 20 minutes. We drove from Fisher's to Squaw and didn't pass a single boat!

-- John
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-28-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
And you know what Kristian she still hasn't thanked me for it
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-28-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, Glen is new with the camera, so most of my pics were of me leaving the wake, so the "straining face" was actually one of the good ones! :-) Actually, because my legs are so long, it's very difficult to reach my grabs, so I always have that face going! :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-28-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   

quote:

Actually, because my legs are so long, it's very difficult to reach my grabs, so I always have that face going!

bring your knees up instead of just reaching down for the board...that'll make grabs a lot easier.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
shut up Joe, we like the funny pictures.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Wow!! Cool pictures. Except, I'm not so sure I like those close ups. Someone made a comment about taking a crap??

It was a nice day. Amay, I didn't know that was YOU. I thought you looked familiar, but without the braids I just wasn't sure!! HI! AMAY!!:-) Sounds like you guys enjoyed the course as much as we did.

HI KRIS! Miss YOU! I have one for sell, an 04 LF team 34
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
Kristian, when are you going to Florida?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-30-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hey Aims, long time no word. How ya been?

HI PAULA! Miss you too! If I wasn't twice you're size (and broke) I might of bought that board off you, a little too small for me. But nice pics, you're stylin' out there.

J-Rod I should be headed over there sometime in October, exact date isn't too sure yet.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
what is the 04 team based off of? substance? trip?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-30-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
Team is what LF called the Super Trip.
Old    obsurfer            09-02-2004, 8:00 PM Reply   
Man I whish i could just get out there. Surfs been weak and I lost my whole crew from last year. Gonna have to get my nieces to give up soccer!
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-07-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Paula, do you always grab the board with your eyes closed?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-08-2004, 12:31 AM Reply   
No Sean, she's was going for a blind 180, lol.
(sorry that was really bad, I'll go away now)
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-08-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Friggin' French people
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
PAULA, Ok - now I understand the "who the hell is that" look. I have seen you out a couple times and get all stoked but we keep just passing each other by. It's great to see you though!
KRIS - HI - broken again (collar bone and a few ribs.) mmmm thats half a year now but at least its 3 different injuries instead of 1 like some of our friends have endured. That would be much worse. Have a new email - will send it to you.
Old    buttacup            09-08-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
Paula- no crotch waffle grab this time?
Old    walt            09-08-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
Excellent pics ! You must be using the Canon Rebel too ?
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-10-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
HAHA! Yeah, that's the look. Except I think my face always has that look on it from the looks of those pictures!:-)

Lynsey, I think I did do a crotch waffle but Dave didn't get that one. I also did a fabulous tail grab but he didn't get that either! Oh well.

Sean, I didn't think I was closing my eyes . I guess I need to work on that too.