Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
I'm just writing this thread because my roomate and I ordered Sandals from this company www.cobianusa.com that was featured in Wakeboarding Magazine a few months ago. The draino sandals featured in the magazine looked pretty cool so we decided to order some. We ordered them about 4 weeks ago, recieved a confirmation letter, I have left messages with the company number listed on the webpage (which is just an answering machine requesting to leave a message with your order number) and have yet to recieve any kind of response from this company. The webpage looks nice and so far we have sent 4 emails and left 4 phone messages. no response at all... has anyone else had any kind of dealings with this company? We were really looking forward to our new sandals and I have no idea why Wakeboarding Mag would promote a company with such poor customer service.

PeAcE
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
They look like they flat out knock-offs of Reefs. What gives? and they don't even have girls, what a waste!
Old    imcmole            08-05-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have never dealt with the company directly, but I have a few pairs purchased from the local surf shop. They are the best sandals I have ever worn. Durable, form fitting, and less expensive than Reefs. And they do have a full girls line as well. Best of luck getting in touch with them.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
cobian arv's look cool, i liked them when i first saw them but never ordered from them. I like my quicksilver city walkers or reefs.
Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Yah i have Reef sandals that I love as well, but those drainos looked cool and comfortable as well as a lot more affordable. Their line looks pretty large and they have some other very cool looking sandals.

I will try a couple of more times to get in touch with the company... I still don't know why they won't get back with me... I mean they WERE plugged by Wakeboard mag... you would think they would take their customers a little more seriously.
Old    r_dub            08-05-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Man, they do have a flashy website. They need to cut back on the web programming and start answering their phone calls and emails I guess. Anyone else hit their website and check out their "about" section? They sound like some "Holy Rollers"
drumnwake, Im sure you had to have ordered them through one of their dealers, right? If so, have you tried buggin them?
Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
i ordered them online... and in fact i just got off the phone on another 800 number i found for them... they were very nice and assured me that they would take care of the situation and contact the people that deal with the website orders... they were all out of the gray ones tho :-( i guess i have yet another black pair of sandals hehe... can't wait to try em out... the draino concept sounds nice... although i could probably poke holes in my reefs and get the same effect heheh...
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-05-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
I've had the same pair of reefs for about 2 years. The Slap. Love 'em.
Old    r_dub            08-05-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
EVERYTIME I have ordered anything off a website, I have gone through the same thing, meaning they never have what they advertise in stock. So they have to "special order" it from the manuafacturer. This has happened to me numerous times. Currently, Im waiting on some Electric sunglasses that are on back order.
Old    cheeseinaz            08-05-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Right off their website...
"As a Christian company that desires to bring glory and honor to our Creator, we believe that not only is it important to keep our beaches clean, but also our minds and hearts. Therefore we will conduct our business based on Christian values, according to the teachings of the Bible which include honesty, integrity and treating others with respect.
Hmmmm, it doesn't say anything about returning phone calls in the Bible so I guess you're out of luck. Keep calling anyway and maybe they'll comp you a few free stickers or something.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
Which dealer did you choose? Cobian does not sell directly.
You should also check this out: http://boardparadise.com/products.asp?man=121
Just click on the appropriate selection. I'm glad I did, alot of the sandals I planned on buying are on sale .

(Message edited by phantom5815 on August 05, 2004)