Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
I'm looking at Tige's 20v and was looking for what experience any one has had with them. Fit, finish and quality of the wake. It's a little smaller than I'd like but it fits the budget better than the 22ve. Thanks.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-20-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
little wake but popy need weight for it ta be nice. but over all a good boat
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
demo demo demo if your going to be weighting the boat ask if you can bring some sacks along on the demo too.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
What year? No sure what chase b. is talking about being a little wake but from my experience and knowledge of the Tige product, the wake nice for beginners to intermediate riders. If you want a bigger wake, then sacs are available for v-drives that would make a very nice wake. If the boat is new, the warranty is great and there hasn't been a dealer that I have heard about that didn't go above and beyond expectations. Good luck and I do agree with Ryan. demo, demo, and demo. You should ask to board behind the boat to judge for yourself the size of the wake.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Ops, go and visit tigeowners.com/forum so you can talk with others that own Tiges so you can make the right decision. There is a lot of articles about almost everything you can imagine that you want to know about Tige's.

Go to tige.com and watch the videos of the production.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-21-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Brad,

My family used to have a 2004 Tige Switch V, the same hull as the current 20v. You will need a lot of weight to produce a nice wake. We ran the stock ballast (~800lbs) plus another 1100 lbs. This boat needs weight in the front or you will porpuse like crazy. We put a 550lb. sac in the walkway. The surfwake can be suprisingly good for a 20' boat, just add weigh all along the side you are surfing with the key being weight in the bow on the side you are surfing. We put 2 people in the bow, easiest weight to move around! It is going to be a solid boat, however you might want to consider something used that will throw a little better wake.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-21-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
I demoed the 20V last year and it was one of the reasons I went with Tige. The 340hp motor in that boat scoots. You can probably pick up a VRide or X1 for not a whole lot more that are built on some classic hulls if you're weighing your options.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-21-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'll get some wake pictures for you this weekend, loaded with 2 550lb tanks in the back, and 800lbs in the front. I just haven't had a chance.
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Garret, I look forward to seeing the pics
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-22-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Here are a couple pics from our old boat, Garret S actually has our old boat. The wakeboarding pic is going about 23MPH, probably 4-5 people in the boat and about 1900lbs. ballast. Rider is at 75'.

The surf pic has the same ballast as above, just about 5-6 people on the port side. Taps at 2, 10.5mph.

Upload
Upload
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
we were initally looking at a 20v due to not wanting to pay as much but as we looked at the 22v and then the 22ve the price diff was worth it, the 20v has a tiny bow adn you cant stretch your legs there, which is where i like to sit :-)
we have a family of four and a dog and we use all the space of the 22ve, i dont know what we would do if we had smaller
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       06-22-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Watch the stitching on the interior, the upholstry is pretty cheap. Other than that, nice enough from what I have seen.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
I would wait... Rumor has it... they are bringing out... what I thought was one of the best wakeboard boats known... 21V Riders.... some changes.. updates... but a take off of the original!!!!
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
liquid - I do like the size of the 22ve better but trying to stay within a budget.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hey Brad. Nice boat for the money. Runs great and handles like a sports car. Yep, you need to load it up if you want a bigger wake for boarding. Where do you live? I might have a hookup for you.
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Delta Dave - I live in Granite Bay in the Sacramento region. Thanks