Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    ScottRobinson            07-07-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
Just wondering about getting a camera. I have 4 small kids that are all starting to tube and ride. We would love to get some of the shots you guys are getting on the threads. Where should I start?

1. I know nothing about camera's or len's
2. I will know nothing about how to get the best shots, so I may be one of those that leaves all the settings to normal.....is that bad

3. Budget isn't huge at all for this, just want some higher quality digital pictures of the kids riding and having fun. Love the fact you see water drops instead of blurs with your threads.

4. Where to start what to buy, how much to spend, will I be able to use the capabilities?

Any help is appreciated although you may have to "dumb" it down for me as I literally have no idea what 70-300 or any of those numbers mean. Hell I barely know what mm stands for.

My original thought was Canon with some long lens...lol....sounds bad I know. Maybe $500?