Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
Finally made it to the Seattle Boat show yesterday. Mike Murphy was at Willey's both spreading the good word about foiling. It was cool to see him there talking to people and hanging out.

They had a prototype of the new LEX convertible (does both Airboard with clicker bindings and sit down with a LE shock tower). Foil and strut also come anodized.

The new boards now are coming with much larger diameter threads for the foot beds, plus they have a wide range of adjustment (threads go from the middle of the board to close to the tip). Looks like it will easier for younger riders/shorter legged riders to share foils now.

Plus, in stead of allen key bolts for the struts, saw a ski with a manual ratching lever system. Very cool.

Sorry, no pics.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-27-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
Great! There goes the pocket book again.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by phaeton on January 27, 2003)
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
I'm keeping the old trusty SS ST Pro till I break it, get better or Kevin has to many LEXs laying around!
Old                01-31-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
I sure hope the next version of the LEX comes together soon, but that will most likely throw more used LEX 1.0's into the used market at a lower price point. The real key is the changes to the strut and wing design...if it all works out, LEX 2.0 might be around the corner.

Supposedly, the tower is going to be a bit lighter, but the new CompTech shock, "tool-less" ratchets, and "pinless" design might make up the weight difference. All are really cool new features for the tower.

As for the T-bar & Wings... we'll have to wait and see what that will be like.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-31-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Phaeton,
Maybe you can make some oversized Lokz type of bolts to make our old foils "tooless". Haven't gotten you package yet. Maaybe I'll order some from ebay :-)
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-31-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
Airfreak the laser went **** up so the base plates finally got cut today. I was at the boat show all day so I will send them out Monday Fed Ex.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com