Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-01-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
whats up everyone I'm looking to get my first real skate i had a lf faction last yr. I found a sweet deal on the gb timmy but i wanted to know what people think. Is it a solid board that i can progress on? What other boards would people rec? How about the hl cattalyst 116?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-01-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
GB makes solid stuff, I used to ride some of it.

NO WAY on a 116 board thats 46.5 inches, waaaay to large.

I do ride for Ronix, but even if I didn't, I would still ride my Zariel, it's super sick, give it a shot, the bi-level feel is sick.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-01-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
right on caleb i know u know ur shizz, i was thinking the 116 cause im 6 ft 220 but i didnt even do the math on the conversion. I heard lots of good things about the zariel but heard its not so great for newbies. What size would you recomend a 112? Also i was looking at the hl partly cause my lf faction started cracking after about 6 sets.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-01-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
Probably Aim for the 42"-43" range.My dad is 6' 200 and he rides a 43" comfortably. Centemeter wise 104 - 108 range. That should be about perfect for your size.

As far as Skates go, I totally undestand were you are coming from about the Zariel, as sick as it is, it's not the greatest for newbies. But Gator makes really good stuff, LF's Armada isn't bad, and if there is brand loyalty with HL, i've heard good things about the Byrely and the Vinyl.

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but demo as much as you can. That is a great way to figure out if you like something.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-01-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
thanks caleb, even here on the delta theres not to many places to demo skates. Every wakeboard you can think of but mainly only hl sk8's thats how i knew a little about the catayst ive ridden it a few times on demo.
Old     (saltsk8)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
If your ever down in Santa Clara I have an extra Viny and Byerly for you to shred on. I agreee with the 42/43 sizing. The LF Control is also a great buy at $189. I've always rode pro model concaves and then bi-levels the past 3 years but hopped on a Control Sunday and it blew me away. Great weight, perfect edge, good speed, nice pop...really solid deck. The GB is a good buy too. I've had good luck on my Deuce Pop

(Message edited by saltsk8 on April 01, 2008)