Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-22-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
How much of a demand would there be for a set of X1/X2 stock carpeted ballast tanks? Im considering selling and upgrading to bigger bags.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-23-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
Why not keep the stock tanks and just add bags? There was a pretty long thread on here a few days ago reagrdign the install.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-23-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Check ebay to get an idea, sometimes they show up. Any reason why you want to do this, I'm just curious....IMO, it would probably be a real pain in the a$$ and not worth the trouble.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-23-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Todd, if you want to add bags, DEFINITELY remove the stock hard tanks. It only takes 3 or 4 screws to remove.

The first season on my X2, I was running 350lb sacs plumbed in with the stock hard tanks. No matter how you plumb it, it's always a pain to get the sacs and tanks completely empty when you're done, and you can't get very much weight back there anyways.

Last season we removed the hard tanks (4 screws, two hose clamps, that's it), and plumbed in some giant Pro-X sacs. What a world of difference! The wake is better, there's more storage when towing, and it's much easier to empty and fill.

Upload
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-23-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Joe, I like how far the platform is under water!! Must throw a good wake.. Do the sacs leak a little like the front sac or not?
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-23-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Joe, that is exactly what I am planning on doing. What do you run up front? Im in the process of melting lead, and im planning on putting an additional 350-400 in lead under the front seats. Did you reprop? Im guessing you have the MCX?