Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    boardfox            05-27-2005, 12:17 AM Reply   
Yesterday I went out to lake berryessa, not to ride, but to teach my dog how to retrieve from the water. In the process of wading in the water I stepped on a broken beer bottle and sliced up my foot. I ended up having to go to the ER and get 9 stiches in my foot. Now I am out of commission for two weeks of prime riding. In the end I just want to say dont trash your lakes and rivers, not only might it pollute the environment it might cost your buddie some riding time.
(I am probably talking to the wrong people but there is no message board for white trash idiots )
Old    d_anderson            05-27-2005, 2:03 AM Reply   
hey David,
sorry to here about your foot I took a bad fall on tuesday and sprained my ankle pretty good. People need to respect the water and not litter in it I see stuff floating down the river all the time that people through into it. that really sucks.
Old    wickedwake            05-27-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Man that sucks about your accident. Littering is one of my pet pieves. Good advice although I feel you may be preaching to the choir. Get well soon and get back on the water!!! Clay
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Most everyone at our lake is pretty good about cleaning their own mess. I have seen very little. Now, Mission Bay is another story.

I never have glass on my boat. All drinks are in cans (which really limits having good beer, but there are a couple). I figure it is best to have no glass, then to take the chance of one falling off the boat, break on the boat, or left accidently on the beach. I have even dropped my rider when a potato chip bag blew out of the boat into the lake. Sorry dude, but I am not going to be the one everyone talks about.

I worry more about lost fish hooks in the mud along the shoreline.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yes, I always stop and pick up floating garbage at my lake. One day I was stopped by the ranger he asked why I did that. Told him if you saw a bag in your front yard you would pick it up right. Treat your lake like its your home and take pride in where you ride. One season we all got together and painted the pay booth.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
I can't believe the Ranger wouldn't share the same concern for the cleanliness of the lake. I guess he thinks a if he writes a few tickets and no one gets killed that day he's doing his job!

I pick crap up all the time out of the lake.

I wish police would give more tickets for littering. Officers will spring into action to give a homeless person a ticket for pitching a cigarette butt, but hell it seems like those that patrol don't give a crap about the drivers who throw them out the window all day long.

Anyways, hope that foot heals up quick man. One time I jumped out of the boat onto a mussel shell and sliced my heal wide open so I know it sucks.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
No sorry about that Dave I typed that wrong. He was happy I was doing that.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Oh, because if he had to ask why...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-27-2005, 4:19 PM Reply   
That is the exact reason I never walk in the water without some sort of water shoes on.
Old     (tigerider3)      Join Date: May 2005       05-29-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
I know how you'll feel I live in Texas and at a lake I usually go to it is littered preety bad
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-29-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
I also take the time to fish trash from my lake, but thats not what bugs me about littering. I can handle chip bags from time to time, wind happens... Its the smokers of the world who pitch smoldering butts out the car/boat window that frustrates me. Next time you stop at a light, look around, its rediculous! MIND YOUR BUTTS PEOPLE!!