Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
As I've said in the other threads, we're working on getting the user names to appear like they did in the old discussion board.

Any other issues you have with the forums, list them here.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Some of the older threads when opened show the users name and date they posted but the content of the post does not show up.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Those should populate later today. We're still fixing some problems that we found just last night. If they aren't back to normal tomorrow, let me know.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-01-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
I sent you a message with a suggestion, not sure if you got it or not.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
is the time off? the last post in this thread says it was posted today at 2:20pm. it's 2:05 here.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-01-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Would it be possible add a 'preview post' button to the quick reply box? Currently, you have to click the 'go advanced' button and then click 'preview post.' Either that, or can you add an option that will allow you to automatically preview your post before submitting it? The old site had this feature and I liked it. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I like to proofread my posts.

Also, where are the smilies?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-01-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Also, yes, time appears to be an hour fast. It's 2:08 and my post timestamp reads 3:08.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
Making one reply post to multiple posts would be nice IMO.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
What about the emotion icons?
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
Automatically subscribe to threads you started/posted in? I dont see it in the settings.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
what are the file size limits?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
the site also says my last visit was 2/26. i think i've been here a few times since. haha!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwag View Post
Automatically subscribe to threads you started/posted in? I dont see it in the settings.
See picture below.
Attached Images

Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Time issue is fixed.
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Or not
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Try again
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Try again
Okay, it's 3:44 pm Pacific time when I posted this.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabell View Post
Okay, it's 3:44 pm Pacific time when I posted this.
Nope, looks like daylight savings time is set still
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Making one reply post to multiple posts would be nice IMO.
I don't understand this one. All replies show up at the bottom of the post, so all replies are essentially a reply to all the posts in the thread in general. Wouldn't that be a response to multiple posts? How else would you do that? The only reason there is a "Quick Reply" link on every thread is in case you want to quote a particular thread. In that case, you hit "Quick Reply" and then check the "Quote message in reply?" box below the message entry form. Does that make sense? You can also click the "Post Reply" button at the top or bottom of each thread and that's just a general reply to all posts.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I don't understand this one. All replies show up at the bottom of the post, so all replies are essentially a reply to all the posts in the thread in general. Wouldn't that be a response to multiple posts? How else would you do that? The only reason there is a "Quick Reply" link on every thread is in case you want to quote a particular thread. In that case, you hit "Quick Reply" and then check the "Quote message in reply?" box below the message entry form. Does that make sense? You can also click the "Post Reply" button at the top or bottom of each thread and that's just a general reply to all posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabell
This is another quote
This would be a double quote with one replay. There is usually a button to do a mQuote.

However, I am sure you have other things to work on than this one.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I see what you're saying. I will look into it, but I don't see double quotes used that often, so it's probably going to be pretty far down on the list.

Meanwhile, smilies are now available when you do a non-quick reply.

Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I see what you're saying. I will look into it, but I don't see double quotes used that often, so it's probably going to be pretty far down on the list.

Meanwhile, smilies are now available when you do a non-quick reply.

Ya, I think you have other issues awaiting you right now.

BTW, you are doing one fine job still
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-01-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Dave -

There are a ton of great new things about the site, the only recomendation I have @ this time is the discussion board which is what I utilize the most and think others do too. I like the new additions but it doesn't look as professional as the last board, it's seems messy, I prefered the clean look to tthe old board personally. Not sure if that makes sense to you but just my .02 cents.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
So what is the recommendation? Can you be more specific on what it is that's so complicated. The body of the messages is virtually identical to our old discussion board. There are a few more menu items at the top, but you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

P.S. That's the first time I've ever heard our old discussion board referred to as "professional."
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-01-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Dav*,

Good point, sho*ld hav* o*****d som* s*gg*stions. I thin* th* i*ons on th* *o**m main pag* / topi*s *l*tt**s th* pag* a bit, th* *nti** list o* topi*s *o*ld b* s**n in a small** window on th* old boa*d. *o* *xampl* I *o*ld s** 10 posts on th* last boa*d as *ompa**d to 5 on this on* in th* sam* spa**. I also thin* th* *olo*s a** th*owing m* o** a bit and th* *ont siz*s b*ing a bit di*****nt **om topi*s to nam*s to posts. I thin* *no**ing down th* topi*s, and mayb* also posting siz* a tad wo*ld *nabl* *s to s** mo** o* th* boa*d. Hop* that h*lps - ***p *p th* g**at wo**.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
I wish that every time i scroll over the links at the top of the page (Home, Articles, Pics/Video, etc.) the drop down menu wouldn't pop up its kind of annoying and I know its helpful at times but most of the time for me at least its relatively annoying i knowthis really isnt about the forum but more about the site itself but i thought i would throw in my two cents.....
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-02-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
So what is the recommendation? Can you be more specific on what it is that's so complicated. The body of the messages is virtually identical to our old discussion board. There are a few more menu items at the top, but you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

P.S. That's the first time I've ever heard our old discussion board referred to as "professional."
I might be able to help since I have a similar description. To me, it just seems like a shift of window real-state away from forum content and readability, towards sparkle and ad space. I see very nice graphics and a pretty look, banners on the top and right side (particularly the ones on the right now), the accidental pull downs that eat up space any time you mouse near them...but the forum content itself looks like tiny font squeezed into a narrow window.

Maybe the font size is something I can change for my own user account. Anyway, the general feeling of the old board was that forum content was laid out very simple with large fonts and the post headers and bodies were what dominated the page. Now the real meat and bones of the forum feels like an afterthought that was secondary to pretty menus and banner layouts.

Just noticed that the text entry box that I'm in right now illustrates this. The text entry is the full width of the page, but the previous posts are in a smaller frame to make room for ads. It just doesn't look right.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Dave,

Good point, should have provided you some suggestions.

I think the icons on the front main page / topics in the forum section are a little to much. The discussion board layout seemes a little cluttered, I thought the old board had a cleaner layout, all of the "goods" fit in a smaller window. As and example on the old board I could see 10 postts in the same size / window I see 5 on this board. I also think the colors are throwing me off a bit and the changing font sizes. The Main page topics are one size, the threads another, the lhyperlinks another, and the replys another ( or they appear to be ). What I am typing now actually appears to be a font size larger when its published.

Hope that helps. Site still kicks ass, thanks for listening.
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-02-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
See picture below.
In the past it would automatically subscribe you to threads you posted in or started if you chose that in the user control panel. That is what I am looking for. Thanks for the manual tip though
Old     (nubb)      Join Date: May 2006       03-02-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
I'd like the default font color to be black. The current shade of gray is killer on the eyes.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubb View Post
I'd like the default font color to be black. The current shade of gray is killer on the eyes.
i agree with this wholeheartedly! at first i thought, "the old site was white, why is this one bugging me?" it pretty much came down to the gray text on top of the white bg.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
One more vote for black on white
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
One suggestion I think would help is if there is a way to have a picture make only the post it is in wider instead of the whole thread if that is possible. Something to think about. (this thread as an example.)