Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-26-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
I am sending a frontier board in for warranty and they said that they are going to replace it for the Arcade. But maybe i want something a little more advanced. For those of your Ronix riders what board do you have and why do you like it. Im looking at getting the Arcade One or Viva.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
I have the One and like it because its faster than my old premier with a little more aggressive pop and much softer landings. plus its light as a feather.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
covin, because its got pop its wide and floaty but edges hard, and i like how it has very little molded detail on the bottom.
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-26-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
I was riding the Frontier and changed over to the IBEX. Has a ton of pop and very forgiving for my riding style. I was not a fan of the VIVA or the Arcade. They dont make a Covin anymore that boards been replaced by the VIVA. The One is a really nice board as well but I felt like my back foot drug a lot in the water when I was cutting on my toeside edge. Best thing to do is see if your local shop will let you demo a couple and go from there. The Mana may be the safest choice if your not going to get a chance to demo anything. Its a lil bit of the IBEX with a little Covin in there. You can ride that board as fast or slow as you wanna and come out alright.
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       06-26-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Picked up the Covin with the Cell bindings. The price was right and after trying on a ton of bindings and checking out probably 50 boards its what I liked the best. Great setup at my level and way better than my Evolution/Obrien setup I started with.
Old     (dgs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-26-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
I have the Arcade, and have had the bill. I reckon stick with that man, I have ridden the mana, the one, the viva, and I liked the bill/Arcade the best. In my opinion Ronix's best boards are their mid range ones and they are a pretty sweet price.

I don't think you would be disappointed with an arcade. put some .8 or even better .7inch fins on and go slash like a powerful horse!

Owww!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
One setup. Its just sick as hell, nuff said. Super lightweight, crazy 3 stage rocker, soft landings, and the 09 bindings are like slippers on your feet.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-27-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Arcade By Bill and its sick! I love every part of this board. I am going to start riding the Mana behind the boat, because I broke my Bill. The Mana is a really good shape too. I really like the Viva and the One also. If you cant decide on what you want go with the Mana. 2010 Ronix is going to be sick! And the 2010 Bill is going to be the best part.
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-27-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
I had a one, and hated it. It just didn't ever work for me so now i'm on a limited 08 shane.
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-27-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
I have the one set up as well. I like it pretty well so far. Just like everyone has said so far, it's light, fast and has great pop. Plus it looks sick. I have noticed like hunterw, my back foot drags edging on toe side as well sometimes.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
I got the 08 mana from BBB and it is quite locked in. Pops really well, and it is kind of slow. (Comparing this to 07 CWB Faze [which I believe is the old Transend?])

Not really my riding style, but there are many who prefer that type of board.

(Message edited by pwningjr on June 27, 2009)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-27-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
I have a Covin, fast as hell and I think it's a fun board to to mess around on.

I also have a One, great pop, not the speed of the Covin, but still a great board.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-29-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
i have a ronix dhv1, that board is amazing, because its fast and has awesome pop, and its super light.
Old     (wake_stephen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-29-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
Im getting an Arcade mailed in sometime this week.
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I have the ronix ibex and one bindings I LOVE IT
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-29-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
I have the Ibex with Reliks (09), love them. I got the Ibex because the price was right and I wanted something with a lot of pop. And it has a LOT of pop. First time riding it all I could do was hang on and hope I come down. Now that I am used to the height I find it quite predictable, nice on the landings, and good edging (I am in the low end of the weight bracket so it rides quite high for me).
Old     (brendonwilmoth)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-29-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
i ade by the arcade by bill. but i have only got to ride it 1 time at tsr because i broke my leg a week before my season was suppose to start. :-(
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
I went with the One. Edges hard, big 3-stage punch off the wake, nice and loose when flat after swapping the 1.0's for .7's.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-30-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
I went with the Covin because i liked the speed over the Ibex when i demo'd them. Ibex felt slow, but still had great pop.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-01-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have been riding the Arcade and Frank Whites. I actually swapped out the fins on the Arcade for 1.0's and like the board a lot better. It is a perfect combination of tight when you want it to be and loose enough at the same time. I absolutely love the Frank boots. They are easy to get in and out and are so comfy. I love my setup.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Gunna get the Arcade for now but probably going to trade it to a friend for the O8 One or Covin. Hard choice! Any suggestions?
Ridden the Gator Harris Legend, Ricky G, Marius, and slingshot. Looking for something fun, fast, pops good, light, and just all around sick!
Old     (liquidboarder935)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-07-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
I ride the 09 one board, I came from the ibex. I love both boards but like the speed of the one and it has good pop and lands better in the flats.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-07-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
had a Covin till it snapped on me this past weekend on a batwing attempt.
Ronix sending me a new Viva this week to replace the covin. "great cust service" - big ups to Ronix!!!
went from a LF trip to an LF witness, but the witness was just too slow since im used to the speed of the trip. Then jumpped on the Covin and loved it. Hope the Viva feels pretty much the same.

Upload
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-07-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
What did you think of the Legend? I would like to hear feedback on this board vs. others you talked about.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
Covin here. I agree with what Bryan said. I rode it once last summer and knew immediately that I had to have one.