Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
i have not heard anything about it lately, and its not up on their site

just wondering how it stands?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-05-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the win a boat raffle?
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
ya... have not heard anything since like july..

did they sale the min required... sell the max...

things like that
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Raffle was cancelled because of legal issues.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-06-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
What? Canceled?

Gary, Stacy, can either of you explain?

I stare at my ticket every day I open the fridge dreaming about a new boat.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Does anyone have facts and not rumors or guesses? DRA is a good bunch of people IMO and I hope they respond to this and assure us that all is well. Balls in your court DRA. Hope all us fridge door dreamers are still going to hear from you as scheduled.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
Has DRA already collected a bunch of money from ticket holders?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-06-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Just got off the phone with DRA Gary, here's what he said:

It is NOT cancelled YET. But he needs 175 more people to enter by the 12th or it will be...
so I guess try and get people to buy more tickets!
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Advertise it!! Seen no postings on Wakeworld, DRA's site, sponsor' sites etc. GEEEZ, the only thing that got us ticket holders a ticket was one thread and then one link. Nothing after that. The rewards, the cause are all good. Promoters, why hasn't it been pushed harder. The drawing is coming up soon and it's the ticket holders that need to sell tickets? Sorry, but a little late to try and find $17500 for a boat that we have been dreaming for since when? IMO these tickets need to sell thru ads and promoters. Sorry DRA, CWB, etc; but we all wanted to see the min. tickets sold to better our odds, and this is the first of this info?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
I agree have these been getting pushed at events and comps? I'd be all over trying to push it. Maybe even local newspaper ads. Put an ad in with the local boat dealer where it's from. 175 tickets for a boat shouldn't be too tough, but then again I dunno how they've pushed it. Maybe they have been, but it doesn't seem like it as Scott said.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Guess I was wrong, They told me at the last (cancelled) event that it was cancelled. I guess it might as well have been at this point. 175 more tickets in 6 days isn't going to happen. Too bad I thought it was a good idea.

I think one of the reasons less tickets were sold was because of the cancelled DRA events which led to less advertising and less people even knowing about the raffle. Non of which was DRA's fault or anything they had control of. Maybe it can be tried again next season. I'm sure the events will be bigger with more people and exposure.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-06-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
I'll gladly buy more tickets to help make it happen but I alone cant make up the difference.

Gary, Stacy, can you post up the info again on how to register?

I know you guys are swamped with other DRA issues but you can ask for a little help.

We, being ticket holders, should have known before now. We could have been out trying to get more people pumped on donating money to a good cause and having the chance to win a boat in the process.

Dave, can you put up a sticky or post a banner to help out?

If this does get canceled when and how do we get our money back?
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-06-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Come to think of it, it would probably be easier to advertise more and maybe extend out the drawing date then it would be to give everyone their money back.

Just a thought.

(Message edited by derby on September 06, 2007)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
how much is a ticket??? i'd be interested in purchasing one..what boat???
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-06-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Well, there's a huge event at Lost Isle on Saturday, so I'm sure after seeing this Gary will make sure to announce it and try to get people to buy tickets.
Old     (sparkmonster)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
i think it is $100 per ticket
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/449184.html

Here's a link to the discussion announcing the raffle. If you're interested in trying to get in Gary posts the info on this link.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
I agree with Derby on the extention of the raffle and blitzing the media. How many brands, merchandise/advertisers, sponsors, etc. are associated with Wakeworld, and are willing to help get the word out? Step up people! Boats back in your waters DRA and associated connections.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-07-2007, 12:15 AM Reply   
Last time i talked to Gary he said that their attorney made them take the post down and told them not to put it on their site because advertising a raffle on the internet is illegal in Ca. But someone that is not involved with DRA can make a post or put it up somewhere because its not advertising.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
If someone sends me some images of the boat that is the prize from DRA I will put a banner up on the site to promote the raffle for a few days. contact me at ian at onlyinboards.com DRA!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-07-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Does anyone have the PDF order form?

Do the DRA crew really want this to happen?
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
To answer the questions yes we want it to happen, The charity we are supporting really needs this to happen. We have been pushing as much as we can. To be perfectly honest the response on wakeworld has been slim to none. I have received a total of 10 entries from wakeworld related entries. (Why is it everyone jumps on to say what we should have done or should do?)The rest has been from seperate events and the charity themselves pushing the sales. If we are not able to make the minimum purchased tickets we are going to honor our word and refund the ticket price.

If you guys really want to see the boat given away then there needs to be 174 more tickets sold (got another one yesterday)
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
Gary, Put the Kong in for one for sure, Maybe more. I will talk to you about it later. See ya is afternoon. Later BG
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
where can I get one?
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-07-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Gary, we need the order form. I'll buy another one for sure, maybe two.

Is there any chance in extending it out a month? What harm could that do?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
i'd buy two or three if i had 1 more weeks notice.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Just an FYI for everyone that wants to change the rules and date. California is very strict on these raffles and we do not want Gary to get caught up in a bunch of legal issues because he was trying to do a good thing.

(Message edited by dadthedriver on September 07, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
ah, that makes sense and is a bummer at the same time. does anyone have the order form?
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Here is the rules and the entry form. I hope this can be opened. Not to sure how to attach it
application/mswordUpload
ticketform.doc (27.6 k)

message/rfc822Upload
Rules and Regulations.mht (9.4 k)
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Sorry, but after reading the post from above and reading the posted date of the drawing and the posted date on my raffle ticket I am confused. If this goes off as planned is it the 16th(as on the ticket), or the 22nd(as stated in the prior post)? Also, maybe I misread the first post, but I re-read the rules and regs.Does this mean that the min. 450 tickets have not been sold, or not the full 700 as stated in the legal mumbo jumbo. I'm sorry to keep beating this thing, but I'm just trying to figure this thing out..

Here is the legal stuff posted on the website.
Delta Riders Association is working in conjunction with Royal Families Kids Camps, Inc., a California Non Profit corporation, is conducting this raffle pursuant to California Penal Code Section 320.5 et seq. as a way to raise funds to cover a portion of costs of providing services to under privileged children and families. The official rules and regulations of Royal Families Kids Camp, Inc., raffle is set forth below. By purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these rules and regulations. Royal Families Kids Camp, Inc., interpretation and application of the rules and regulation shall be final.

Tickets:
Raffle tickets are $100.00 each. No more than 700 tickets will be sold. Raffle tickets must be purchased by 7:00pm (PST), Sept. 10, 2007. Tickets may be sold out before said time. If fewer than 700 tickets have been sold by 7:00pm (PST), September 10, 2007, then ticket sales may continue, at Delta Riders Associations discretion, for an extended period of time, not to exceed the date of the official raffle, which is September 16, 2007. All sales transaction are FINAL. NO refunds will be given unless the minimum numbers of tickets (450) have NOT been sold. Only ticket holders with a validly paid ticket are eligible to participate in the drawing. Any purchase that is made once the maximum amount of 700 has been sold, will receive a refund. Only one person eligible will be entered in the raffle per ticket sold. Delta Riders Association will record the name and contact information of that person as the holder of record of that particular ticket. The prize will be awarded only to the holder of record of a winning ticket. If the name of more than one person is submitted with a ticket purchase, and that ticket is selected as the winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed the holder of record of that ticket and declared the winner. Division of prize by group purchasing a ticket in common shall be the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that ticket, should that ticket be selected as the winner. Delta Riders Association assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered mail or other failure to deliver tickets prior to deadline. Purchases of raffle tickets are not tax deductible contributions.

How to purchase:
Tickets may be purchased from an agent of Delta Riders Association and paid for by cash or check. Purchases may also be made by sending a check to: DRA “Win a Moomba Contest” 680 Magnolia Ct. Brentwood, CA 94513. You may buy as many tickets as you’d like.

Selection of Winner:
The winning ticket will be drawn at random on September 15, 2007, from all eligible raffle tickets received. Delta Riders Association will conduct the drawing. Ticket holder does not need to be present to win. Winner will be notified by phone, U.S. Mail or e-mail according to the contact information provided to Delta Riders Association at the time of purchase. The odds of winning will depend on number of raffle tickets sold. If all 700 are sold, the odds are 1 in 700. Your odds will improve if fewer tickets are sold.

Eligibility:
You must be 18 years of age or older to win and be a resident of the United States to purchases tickets or win. Employees of Royal Families Kids Camps, Inc. or employees of Delta Riders Association and persons living in the same household are not eligible to win. All federal, state, and local law regulations apply. The raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Prize:
A 2007 Moomba LSV with a complete CWB wakeboard setup.

Restrictions:
No substitutions for prize will be made. Winner assumes all local, state, and federal taxes and DMV costs associated with transferring registration of boat. If winner cannot be located by 5:00pm (PST), October 16, 2007, after making reasonable attempts to do so, or if the winner is deemed to be ineligible, such winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize, another winner will not be selected for such prize. Winner must claim their prize within (14) days after notice of the award. The name of the winner may be obtained by requesting, in writing, from DRA, together with a self addressed stamped envelope, not later than October 1, 2007.

General Terms & Conditions:
By purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Delta Riders Association, which shall be final. Winner(s) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility. Royal Families Kids Camps and Delta Riders Association are not responsible for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. By entering the raffle, each participant release Royal Families Kids Camps and Delta Riders Association and its directors. Officers, agents, employees, or volunteers from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by prize or results from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold Delta Riders Association and Royal Families Kids Camps harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as result of the winner’s acceptance or use of prize.

Disclaimer of All Other Representation and Warranties:
THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRENTIES OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. Royal Families Kids Camps AND Delta Riders Association, DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATION AND WARRENTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE RAFFLE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. A RAFFLE PARTICIPANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DELTA RIDERS ASSOCIATION AND ROYAL FAMILIES KIDS CAMP’S BREACH SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER RAFFLE TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL DELTA RIDERS ASSOCIATION AND ROYAL FAMILIES KIDS CAMPS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS, OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTA, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF NEW DIRECTIONS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILTY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE AGAINST DELTA RIDERS ASSOCIATION OR ROYAL FAMILIES KIDS CAMPS WITH RESPECT TO THE RAFFLE MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN 90 DAYS AFTER TBE CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.

Sponsor:
Sponsored by: Delta Riders Association and Royal Families Kids Clubs. Royal Families Kids Club is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c) (3) 33-0380021 of the Internal Revenue Code. Net proceeds will be used to benefit Royal Families Kids Clubs support programs for underprivileged children and their families. For more information, please visit our website at: www.deltariders.com. California Raffle Registration Number is on File at the State Attorney Generals Office.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
My next question pertains to the in the rules that I overlooked the first time I read thru it.
Can someone clarify this for me?

If winner cannot be located by 5:00pm (PST), October 16, 2007, after making reasonable attempts to do so, or if the winner is deemed to be ineligible, such winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize, another winner will not be selected for such prize.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-08-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
Scott,

Yes it is as stated in the rules that there will not be a second winner selected if the original ticket selected does not claim their prize by the said date. In the event that the minimum ticket sales are met and the winner does not claim the prize it will be null and void by the date shown in the rules and regulations.

We do have a error in the rules showing that September 16th should read September 15th. " If fewer than 700 tickets have been sold by 7:00pm (PST), September 10, 2007, then ticket sales may continue, at Delta Riders Associations discretion, for an extended period of time, not to exceed the date of the official raffle, which is September 16, 2007."

Yes it is a true statement that the minimum number of ticket have not been sold to date. If they are sold by September 12th then the raffle will happen as planned on September 15th someone will receive a 2007 Moomba as stated. Other wise anyone who has purchased a ticket will be refunded 100% of their ticket purchase.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
Thank you very much for your reply. As I am trying to be very optimistic and very positive regarding this awesome opportunity and great cause, you must not fault me for my concerns. If the original ticket is drawn and it is deemed invalid, since no second prize winner will be chosen, will the ticket holders still be refunded? So your legal disclaimer is incorrect about the winning date? So if the winner does not notify you by Sept.15, insteat of Sept.16(as posted on the tickets), do they forfeit the chance of gettig this boat? If by Sept. whatever, you reach your goal of tickets sold and the winner is deemed invalid, do the ticket holders loose the $100 per ticket that they purchased?
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2007, 12:21 AM Reply   
By the way, you might want your Legal Eagles to brush up on Spell Check. See if you can find the spelling error. If they guided you folks so well in the legalities, maybe the dates and spelling might not have been wrong IMO....

Royal Families Kids Camps AND Delta Riders Association, DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATION AND WARRENTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE RAFFLE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-09-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
i am starting to feel i should have asked this question about a month ago..

maybe could have got the min required..

but an any case whats the contact info for Royal Families so i can make a donation to them?
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Scott: Thanks for proof reading! I should have consulted with someone prior to having this legal red tape crap dropped on my lap at the last minute and trying to get the disclaimer and rules rushed out ASAP so we could make this raffle happen. I guess I didn't think it would bite me in the ass later to have some guys disect (spell check) everything I did.

And to be completely honest with you, the original date was the 16th, it was changed on us after everything was PDF'd and printed.

Personally, I think you are being very petty, and I will certainly have no problem refunding you your money back, as a matter of fact, how about I just refund it to you anyway and give someone else who is less critical a chance at the Moomba!

--"Legal Eagle"--
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
--"Legal Eagle"--
I asked you to not fault me for my concerns, and you did. I tried to ask questions that I did not understand or others were asking, or felt needed answers, and some of it was answered and thanks were given..Yes, maybe the spell check was a little harsh, but it was only to emphasize my concerns on all this and not just nit picking. As to being petty? Please, thicken up on the skin.I only pointed things out that were in a posted legal disclaimer. You think just because one spell check dig that I am dis-crediting your efforts (and others)to make this thing work? You are very much 180 degrees off.
If you are venting at me because this Raffle has a couple of quirks and people besides myself have concerns and questions, well feel free to vent. I can take it and I also have strong shoulders to lean on.
As to refunding my money, prior to seeing if this thing can be pulled off, I'd rather see it thru with the rest of the Moomba dreamers. But if you deem me an unfit ticket holder, then that's your call.
Have a great day and feel free to spell check me because I am a terrible 2 fingered typer.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
Stacy, I just looked at your profile and all I ask is that you think of your personal quote for a minute before taking my posts as hurtful to yourself of anyone else trying to give away a Moomba and help a good cause at the same time. Scott
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Stacy, you changed your personal quote! I thought it was an awesome statement. Without trying to sound sarcastic, I liked it, I will use it(but not in print). It is a statement that made me think, and think a lot! Great perspective IMO. Scott
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Hey, anybody else have any other ideas on how to pull this off before D-Day (Drawing Day)? Chime in! I'm sure any help would be appreciated. I may have been flagged as an " I'm not and I really want to see this work!
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
This is the event that is happening ON THE 15TH OF SEPTEMBER, NOT THE 16TH! Anybody wanting to see an awesome shot of talent and have a chance at winning a nice boat for a great cause,please participate and come to Orwood on the 15th of Sept.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
I am having a hard time uploading the link(sorry). But here it is and I hope everybody can make it. Have fun and it is for a great cause. http://www.concord.rfkc.org/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=100
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-14-2007, 1:01 AM Reply   
threads dead dude, let it go