Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-22-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting a Roam just to have something different out on the water. I've seen LOTS of 05's on sale cheap. Is the 06 and later that much better? What sort of differences would I notice? I know the shape is different but I'm not exactly sure what that translates to on the water. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$$ to get an 06 or if I would be just as happy with an 05.
Old    bocephus            05-22-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I like the '05 Roam way, way better than the '06-'07! I have a blast on the '05 but can't even approach the wake on the newer one. The '05 is so much easier to control. I don't know if my form is just bad or what. Even though the '06 board is wider than wide my rear foot still had a tendency to drag in the water. I did ride away from an ole' 360 though...

So after riding both boards I prefer the '05 all day long. It rides somewhat like a conventional board while the '06 rides totally all over the place. Like I said I can't even keep the '06 straight long enough to hit the wake without having my back foot drag in the water. The '05 is still in production since a lot of people like it better than the newer one.

I know that Lantz is going to sell his '07 so you might be able to make a deal before he sells it on eBay. His username is Lantz (elantz)
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I demoed the '07 once but the water wastn't that great, so my opinion is less than reliable (the roam being more of a butter-board, not a choppy-water board). I bought the '05 because I could get a brand new one for way cheaper than a used '06. I think it is probably true what they say about the 05 edging better. I don't think you would be disappointed if you were to get the 05.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
We rode the 06 alot last year and just got the Ronix Covenant last week, but have not riden the 05 roam. For all around riding the 06 roam beats the cov. but for nose and tail slides the cov. is way better. The one bad thing about the roam was that we went through 3 of them. They dont seem to be made very sturdy.