Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-22-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
There is a lot to be thankful for this holiday and I hope you are enjoying the time of rest and thanks with your family and loved ones. One of the greatest things we are thankful for at wake9 is our friends and the fun we have together on Lake Oroville. It doesn't matter how cold, a great wake, a few boards and good friends and its a great day.

The conditions and weather were amazing for november, and we got some REALLY good shots, mostly from the chase pontoon.

Mitch was up first, mitch doesn't get to come out with us too much due to his schedule but we really enjoy when he does. He loves to surf and he cracks me up. He was really killing it on his Victoria and you can see the conditions.

IMG_9036 by wake9, on Flickr

Mitch also got a chance to ride the Walker Project Bomb Pop, this is a 4'2" with a carbon fiber top. This is Jessica and Maddie's board, and I have NEVER seen so many people be able to ride such a small board and not just for novelty, but really enjoy riding it. This little guy is fast and responsive.

IMG_9115 by wake9, on Flickr

No problem riding far back and recovering on this little guy, its fast.

IMG_9175 by wake9, on Flickr

More on this later, this is more of a teaser, we had some extra fun this day.

IMG_9879 by wake9, on Flickr

This is probably one of my favorite pictures ever. Mitch snapped it on his phone. RJ was taunting Janelle, something like, "You wanna slap it don't you, you know you do" and we have all learned, maybe RJ hasn't yet, but Janelle is not one to be taunted. Ask her about her lip.

IMG_1845 by wake9, on Flickr

This was from my angle.

IMG_9935 by wake9, on Flickr

The lake was flat, the sun was out, and the wake was mackin. I think Maddie wanted to ride more because she wanted to try out her color coordinated ensemble.

IMG_0214 by wake9, on Flickr

Janelle was trying out her new Inland Keenan Flegal Pro model, she has more control on it but its a tad slower down the line for her.

IMG_0273 by wake9, on Flickr

She was getting the hang of it, though!

IMG_0318 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ wanted to take the 4'9" Bomb Pop for a spin. Dennis had the rails softened just a bit, and RJ was really enjoying it. I still think a 4'7" would be perfect for him, but he was enjoying the 4'9".

IMG_0412 by wake9, on Flickr

This is such a cool pic with the water and everything. The Bomb Pop really likes to fly, the water releases well and you can see the water clear in this pic.

IMG_0469 by wake9, on Flickr

The wake with the Convex VX allows us to add a bit more weight, and get a really meaty wake, especially considering we have no sacs on the floor or seats and you can see the rub rail, the boat doesn't even seem to care.

IMG_0473 by wake9, on Flickr

No problem swinging the Bomb Pop around on 180s.

IMG_0483 by wake9, on Flickr

This picture is my new background on my iPad. One of my favorite pictures ever, the sun, the water, the air, the wake, the grab...

IMG_0564 by wake9, on Flickr

This is a great shot of RJ heading into a surface 180.

IMG_0643 by wake9, on Flickr

I was in the pontoon with Dennis, Rob driving home. Good shot of the Z3.

IMG_0677 by wake9, on Flickr

I caught the sun just peeking through a notch in the mountains. We called it a day, I wonder if we will have a few nice days in December?

IMG_0724 by wake9, on Flickr

If you want to see a larger set of these pictures, CLICK HERE.