Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-08-2015, 5:05 PM Reply   
Just picked up the new R.A.D. boots and I can't seem get the liners out to mold them? My 2012s came out pretty easy. Are these permanently in the boot and just put the whole thing in the oven, or are they not moldable anymore?

Including a family portrait because I'm stoked on this little SS collection I'm building.
Attached Images

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2015, 8:28 PM Reply   
Starting in 2014 the RAD went to a fixed liner like the KTV has.
I'm not sure how one would go about heat molding them. Maybe hot water in the bath tub or something.

I have last year's RAD. Honestly I would not even worry about heat molding them, after 5-10 sets they conform to your feet pretty well on their own.

I would be careful about adding heat to any whole boot, there is undoubtedly glue in there somewhere and I would be worried about affecting the bond.

If you wanna know for sure what SS recommends cal their rider hotline and talk to Kyle. They always pick up the phone and if they can't get back to you will call you back usually same day. SS customer service is really good. That Blue Pill with RADs is a sick looking setup. I think you'll like the new RAD design much better over the old one, unless you're hung up on removable liners, in which case you shoulda gone with the Shredtowns (but wouldn't match your board as good : )
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-08-2015, 8:43 PM Reply   
I was starting to think they were a fixed boot, now that i think about it I was starting to wonder if they were a fixed boot when I saw the product video. I've always ridden drivers, I'm guessing that R.A.D. stands for Really Awesome Driver hahaha. I think I just need to ride them more, they felt super stiff today but I don't think the cold water helped with that. Honestly the color matching deal isn't what turns me off on the shred town's it's the all velcro deal, I'm a laces guy.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-09-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
Spoke with Slingshot today and they told me to take them to any wake/snow/ski shop that can mold boots or use a hair dryer. I tried the hair dryer but it wasn't hot enough. Going to take them in to a shop this week.
Old     (bruh)      Join Date: Jan 2015       05-17-2015, 7:41 AM Reply   
how do you like the blue pill? I'm thinking of getting the blue pill with some shred towns as my boat setup! the 2015 stuff looks sick!
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-20-2015, 6:59 AM Reply   
The blue pill is great, rides fast, pops hard lands soft and i still suck at wakeboarding hahaha