Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
i wanted to hear some feedback before i spent the money some positives and negatives about the ride, also the bindings
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-04-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
how about riding them both and deciding for yourself?.......just a thought.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
nowhere close that i can demo, thanks though
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
The watson is an awesome board. Your post is kinda vague, what do you want to know?

-Steve

(Message edited by kingskrew on May 04, 2006)
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
i tried both..i got more pop with the watson but i was much more in control on the shane
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, real vague questions like "is X better than Y" generally don't yield a useful response.

You might wanna tell people what level rider (gymnastic) you are and what you've liked/disliked about boards you've ridden and maybe even what you're looking for in a board and you'll get a better response..

If you don't know what you're looking for cause you just started riding (like I had no idea when I first started), just get a few cheap old boards off of ebay and figure out what you like rather than spend $400 on a '06 pro model board that may or may not work for you...
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2006, 3:14 AM Reply   
i have had a motive for about 3-4 yrs i like a loose feel, want more pop, i would like softer landings, realy hurt my ankle last year and anything that can help would be great
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-05-2006, 4:39 AM Reply   
i believe neither the shane nor the watson offer a loose feel. watson probably more so than shane, unless you take the cupped fins off the shane, which should make it pretty loose. absolute is one rather loose board that pops hard and many riders seem to like it. for softer landings might also consider some of those new cushy bindings (i know from experience the '05/'06 LF ones are super comfy)..
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
I rode both and chose the shane but neither rides loose. I also was in search of soft landings after a damager disk in my back last year. I found the shane to be softer than the Watson,but if ya want soft landings you should ride a Marius super soft every time. It just did not "feel" right to me.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   

quote:

what level rider (gymnastic) you are

Level 10 of course!

Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-05-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
no doubt! gymnastics below level 10 need not apply.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-05-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
I love my Shane, I rode the watson and didn't like it. I thought the tracking was awful.

the shane is probably the coolest board I've ever ridden. I took it off some sweet jumps.