Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
what are some of yall thoughts on the all velcro bindings like

Slingshot Shredtown, CWB AA and the LF Vantages

looking at maybe getting some
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
great thread...

I have used the LF Vantages CT for 2 seasons now and love them. I've had flexible open toe lace bindings, Ronix Cells lace, and now the velcrow. I love the 3 straps, it is so quick to get in and out, and you really have control of how tight you make it on your foot and ankle. I hated the lace locks... tried a bunch of them and they all eventually failed. Laces breaking are a thing of the past. Of course the straps can break as well, but they are very wide and I have had no problems yet. Still on my original 2010 vantages I bought in 2011.

One thing I miss about the laces was how tight you could get them if you really wanted it. I tried a newer CT Liquid force binding that has a single lace system and I could crank on it and get it real tight. The velcrow straps are more difficult to get "foot cramping" tight if thats how you like it.

Love my vantages. Love that I NEVER step into my binding, only to have to step out because I am an idiot and I had the upper lace over the top of the boot... surprisingly that happened often. I am either always really excited to ride, or a slow learner
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-04-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
I like the SS boots. At least you can change out the straps if they wear out. Not sure you can do that on the others. As far as the fit, I have ridden the LF Vantage and the SS KTV's and I like the SS better. IMO
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-04-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
I had a pair of cheaper, open toe boots when I first started riding that had laces on the upper section of the boot and two velco straps on the lower. I noticed after wearing them about half a season that the velcro stopped holding down as well, and the straps would get cinched up in the bracket causing it to prematurely wear and tear. However, I have absolutely no experience with the bindings mentioned above. My first and only experience kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth, so decided to go with the Hyperlite Team boots that have the dual-lace zones. I never have to worry that they might come loose or won't tighten as much as I would like them to.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-04-2013, 2:51 PM Reply   
I have ktv's. +1 for Velcro, don't know if I can go back. They're SO EASY to adjust while you're riding if you need and to adjust the feel. You get 3 zones of control , yes they're starting to not hold as we'll after 100 days on them... But you can get replacements at least on the SS boots
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-04-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have '11 AA's and I love them. I think for '13 they only have an upper velcro strap? And I know the straps are replaceable also. Sometimes if I pull too tight the strap will come out of the bindings side( its also held in with velcro) but just make sure its tight and you can crank em down pretty good.
I hated laces breaking so I tried AA's and love em.
I have 2 pairs and need to get a set of '12s for a spare set!!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-04-2013, 3:06 PM Reply   
Check them carefully on the way they work. One of the guys I ride with during the summer got a pair of the CWB AA and it was nothing but trouble for him behind the boat. He loved them at the cable.

The velcro would come undone inside the boot constantly. Every time he fell he would have to get back in the boat to fix the straps. To be clear the velcro on top did not come lose but inside the boot where the strap was attached to the binding.
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-04-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Company Vandalls and they are the best boots I've ever ridden. I love being able to unstrap and be out of my boots in 2 seconds. Also, you can really tighten them down when you want to. That said, I did ride a pair of LF Vantages last year and I could not get them as tight.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-04-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
If you push the boot end in as far as possible with your finger on the strap of the AA's it usually holds well....But if you put a few sets on them without resetting it they will come out.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-04-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of ktvs and I liked everything about them
But just couldn't get them tight enough for my liking. I like my boots winched up tight so Velcro was no buenos for me
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-04-2013, 9:08 PM Reply   
^ agree, sort of. The rads really let you crank down, but the Velcro makes it harder to over tighten for me it always gets just right and with no pressure points but that's my opinion, I've seen more benefit than negative I'd day they're at least worth a tried
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys.. .im at the Houston Boatshow this weekend so im gonna hopefully try several pairs
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-06-2013, 2:18 AM Reply   
I have LF vantage ct 2012 on my boat set up. Considering taking them off and putting them on my cable board (used way more) as I love em that much.
Like said by others, I was sick of laces slipping and breaking.
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-09-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
i have ridden vantages and SS shredtowns and because of the liner in the shredtown you are able to get the boot as snug as you want on your foot some other boots are hard to get tight
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
How often do you have to replace the straps
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
i like a snug boot so not sure if the velcro is gonna work....hopefully i will get to try some on A the DFW boatshow in FEB before i buy....no board shops close to me...except Racquete and Jog....lol and i refuse to go there they are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-09-2013, 1:48 PM Reply   
If I were you I would make a day trip to Dallas before the boat show and go by the Warming Hut ,Hydrous and Sun and Ski and try on some bindings. I think you will find a better selection and it wont be a bunch of clearance items from the boat dealers.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2013, 1:53 PM Reply   
Why would cable or boat make a difference on the bindings? I've never ridden cable,but I would think your feet flex and move similar right?
And nothing wrong with last years gear for cheap!!!!!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-09-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Why would cable or boat make a difference on the bindings? I've never ridden cable,but I would think your feet flex and move similar right?
And nothing wrong with last years gear for cheap!!!!!

When you fall at the cable your ride is done so if your bindings come lose no big deal your about to remove them anyway, when riding boat someone is coming back to pick you up to complete your set.

There is nothing wrong with last years gear for cheap. What I have seen at the boat show is a lot of the beginner packages left over from the last few years since they are boat dealers and they cater to the masses of their customers. Since I have seen Micah ride in a video, a beginner setup is not what he is looking for.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
I see your point....but also 2-3x's the wear and tear right?
Luckily a cable park is opening 20 minutes from me so I can give my 2 cents in Spring....lol
And at the boat shows the dealers usually have pro boards and bindings leftover. It just depends if they want to move them.....some still charge almost full price for last years....
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-09-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
Jeff. When you ride cable you take your board off and back on over and over all day so ease of entry becomes a concern. I've been riding the shredtowns since April and have only had to replace one strap. I've been lucky though cause I've ran into multiple kids at cables with the yellow shredtowns that wanted to trade straps for my blue ones so I kinda got all new straps for free!!!
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-09-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
As I said earlier Velcro want for me but my friends lOved my ktvs. I was coming off some ronix relies which fit me like a dock so maybe that's why I didn't feel like I could tighten the Velcro enough. Personal preference and what your used to IMO.