Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ohh_Baby)      Join Date: May 2010       05-24-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
so im looking at 4 boards and just wanted anyones opinion or comparing these

1. LF shane
2. LF lyman
3. Hyperlite B-side (2010)
4. Hyperlite Murray (2010)

or any other suggestions
thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-24-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
of those I would go shane.

I would suggest Slingshot Recoil... I've been on every board you have listed (the 09s of the hyperlite ones) and the recoil is just better.... no other way to say it, just better.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-24-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-24-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Ive ridden a lyman for the past two season and it is an awesome board, nothing bad to say about it. However after joining the flex bandwagon via a recoil, I will never go back. It has lyman characteristics (3 stage, fast, great pop) but with flex. You can case the wake or land in the flats on the recoil with no pain.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2010, 1:29 AM Reply   
the shane is an abrupt 3 stage and the others are subtle, blended, or otherwise "mellower 3 stage boards" if you will

if you are looking for the most agressive style of pop (not to be confused with "highest") then your search is Easily narrowed down to the shane, otherwise you can knock it out and choose from the bottom 3

of the lyman, b side and murray. i am going to GUESS that the murray has the most "mellowest" of 3 stage in your list. the b side and murray are both NEW shapes for this year and the lyman is a new graphic so you could get an older for cheaper

personally i have only ridden the lyman and liked it quite a lot. but like the other guys above, i prefer boards with more pronounced flex features. BUT, is that something YOU will like? maybe... or not.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-25-2010, 3:56 AM Reply   
B-SIDE for sure. I left the marek on the wall this year for that board.
Old     (samhanna)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-25-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
+1 B-Side
Old     (dizzy8085)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-25-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Just got my b side in last weekend. It's sick. My recommendation.
Old     (Ohh_Baby)      Join Date: May 2010       05-25-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
thanks for the info guys. im working on trying to demo some. oh and my current board is an 08 mana and it just really isnt my style i guess so idk if anyone could compare these to the mana.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-25-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
don't get the Lyman, it will change your life forever!! You will ride the Lyman and it will consume your every thought. You will never have a meaningful cognitive moment again, all you will do is obsess about the next time you get to ride it. Ok, maybe that's just me!
Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-25-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
love my shane! pretty aggressive feel yet consistent. the best of both worlds in my opinion.