Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
to ride my bindings extremely loose? My binding are for size 9-11 and Im a size 10 and never use the cinch straps. I feel alot better about it because I always hear stories of torqued knees and stuff so I ride mine loose so the board pops off really easy when I fall, I've never had just one foot come out and Ive yet to get hurt from doing this but I was just wondering If this is somehow really stupid and I shouldn't be doing it or if it really even matters at all?
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-01-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
i think there would be greater risk of having one foot in and one foot come out when riding if your bindings are loose. But it also depends on what tricks you're doing and how big you're doing them. wake jumps probably would not be as bad as any invert/spin or something like that. my 2 cents.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Yes. I broke my nose and hurt my knee on 2 seperate falls from coming out of the bindings, now I strap them down and don't ever come out.
Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-01-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
I think thats how Darrin Shapiro tweaked his leg ..In an interview he said he landed and one foot popped out and he or the board twisted and the leg still in the board did not twist...
Old    murrayair            05-01-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
I would definitely tighten them down. Most of the injuries you sustain wakeboarding will not be because your bindings are too tight.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
to each his own. I'm sure ther are some pros out there that ride with there bindings pretty loose. i personally like mine snug over the top of my foot and loose around the ankle.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
tighten them. please.
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-01-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Darren, all injuries aside, you lose performance. If you have them super loose you're more likely to have your heels lift on a toeside cut (less response) and the same for your heelside cuts. You will have waaaaaay more control of your board with less effort if you wear them properly. Injuries are going to happen, no matter what. You can't stress over it and the best way to prevent it is to go to the gym and strengthen your body. Letting your boots be super loose is prolly increasing the likelyhood of an injury. Just get out there, cinch down and have a good time!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
They also have bindings that range from stiffer to flexible... There are alternatives to what you are doing to make wakeboarding fun.