Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       07-24-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Keep the Thread of the Year going divas. This is the only interesting thing about Wakeworld.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-24-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Just sand it. It's not like a CWB plat won't break after a few landings in the flats.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-24-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
I am receiving emails, just not Gene's. I didn't block him. I responded to his PM. I am glad for those that see this is about integrity. My thought on the $50 is that when you totally misrepresent what you are selling, you should have to pay for return shipping. When you misrepresent and start playing tough guy, hard-ball negotiator, there should be an additional penalty...thus the $50.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
I think you should consider what you're dealing with before sending the board back. You may end up with no board and no money. My advice is to finish the repairs yourself and ride it.

Anyone who pulls this sort of thing and then gets on the forum and calls people "little self righteous turds" for seeing though his bulls**t lies can't be good to deal with. Looks like the whole state of TX represented here got a black eye on this one.
Old     (spicoli512)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Dave, Great Point!

Last week I shopped at Norstrom to purchase some dress shoes. When I got home I realized the box had a size 9 right shoe and a size 8.5 left shoe. As a result I had to return the product for false advertisement. After all the box clearly said sz. 8.5! I asked to speak to the manager about getting a full return, re-imbursement for the gas money and $50 for my inconvenience.

To my amazement, I only got the full refund. Maybe you and I could file a class action law-suit against Gene and Nordstrom?

I'm from TX and no I don't know Gene.

(Message edited by spicoli512 on July 24, 2007)

(Message edited by spicoli512 on July 24, 2007)
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
So when Cabela's, Amazon, or any other reseller/retailer ships me a product that is not acceptable, should they pay me $50+plus shipping both ways +price of item?

If anyone thinks so, they are on crack and looking for a free handout.

Gene is a helluva nice guy to still be offering your money back after you have insulted him on public board.

After this crap, I would give you my home address and tell you to show up in person if you wanted resolution.

(Message edited by auto on July 24, 2007)
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-24-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
You mean Nordstroms didn't pay you for your time and gas spent to go there!!!

How dare they, SUE SUE SUE. I would have at least got 30 for my trouble and a box of wipes for my tears over a simple mistake.

Dave you are a F-ing baby....

Life's to short to cry over a little epoxy. You probably wasted the $50 windfall you got from a simple disagreement in the time it took you to cry on this forum.

If I were Gene, I'd tell you to stick the board and your 50$ up your a s s and go ride myself. But that's just me.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-24-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
I hear he has a Beotch of a Dog.....I have seen the mangling it has done on unsuspecting people :-)
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-24-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
I only requested that he pay for return shipping.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Honestly at this point I am scared I will send the refund and not get my board back. Do I deserve that?

Dude why is your email not working? It get's sent back to me every damn time. Why should I worry about PM's when all of out sh*t is out here for everyone to see.

To answer your question, I am willing to pay for half of shipping back to me. I think this is a VERY nice gesture at this point. You are dreaming if you think I should send you anything more, much less $50. If you will send the board back, I am afraid it will come back damaged more if at all so you can prove your little point. But against my better judgement I am still offerring to send the refund if I have your word you will send the board back in the same condition and packaged the same way. If I was trying to misrepresent in order to make extra money would I be on here offering a refund? You have already ruined my rep with half of the wakeworld community. I am surprised I am still here talking about it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
John Anderson you are an idiot. Why would he send the board back unless he got a refund?

Yes I am reduced to reponding to everyone of your d*mb*ss flawed logic comments.

Hey this prom night cat fight cr*p is kinda fun. Is everyone entertained? I especially had a little laugh when rob anderson said it looked yummy with all that syrup on it. lol
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
gene,
Dave just pm'ed me and said you are lucky he doesnt live in texas. he also said that you are a terrible wakeboarder.
i just thought you should know.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Gene, the facts are simple and undisputed.

1) You sold a board claiming a blemish on one fin.
2) The pictures indicate much more than a blemish and a sloppy repair job on three fins.

Bottom line, it's ridiculous to claim that you didn't notice what your own board looked like. You could have minimized damage to your rep by saying you made a mistake and offered refund and shipping, and maintained some dignity with the comments.

But you and your TX buddies all chimed in with attitudes that are fitting children or lowlifes. Is there something in your water that makes you guys so delusional?
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
he told me your wife is ugly and you have a small wake. Oh yeah he also said you LOVE men!
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Crap.. now we not only have to go to Cali and "handle" this matter but we need to stop in Florida and Iowa too

Kalen that was some funny stuff
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
John is there something in your water that makes you guys so politically correct? Are you saying that none of this is his fault?

LOL... Yea if we lived closer to each other we could "resolve" this very quickly.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
"Yea if we lived closer to each other we could "resolve" this very quickly."

Meaning?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Time is a ticking there Dave..... I am gonna have to charge you for my time and trouble so I think you may have to pay for all of shipping back if you don't respond pretty quickly. It is not $50 bucks but I guess my hassle rates are a little lower than yours. Should I change my eamil address to make it harder to contact me?
Old     (roger)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Obviously there was some miscommunication on the condition of the board, but I think Gene's offer is fair.
"I offered to refund his money for the board and shipping there and half of it back."
That's a great offer. Why not accept it instead of creating all the drama?
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
" Yea if we lived closer to each other we could "resolve" this very quickly."

Laughable! When you stop kicking so much ass, where's the link Real Deal?
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
I think it funny how everybody keeps chimming in with their worthless two cents like its going to help resolve something.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Kalen, is that your 6th or 7th or 8th post on this subject? I lost track after 4 today, but that "cat" one, was effin money. Nice....

(Message edited by committed on July 24, 2007)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Rodger that is THE question. But this post is not about a board anymore it is about precious ego's and tough guys and even drama!

Chris that is what it was supposed to be, laughable, because it was sarcasm tough guy.

This is really entertaining. You guys fluff up so easily. ;)
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
What do you have against "fluffers" now? It's a tough job, but somebody has to prepare the cast, and I hear the pay sucks-literally.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-24-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Hey John, thanks for the clarity. Gene, my email is working; I've been receiving email all morning from others. We are not going to come to terms here or via email...that's pretty obvious. I'll open a dispute via the Paypal resolution Center. I am done posting here.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Why is it obvious? Is it because you want your $50. Well forget it. The offer to pay for shipping is now off the table. I am still here talking. You my friend are a total and complete douche. I am still offering money and you refused. Classic. You never even answered my question.

By the way what did you say in your claim? "The product wasn't what I expected?" or "I am a dum*ass for not accepting the refund offer"

(Message edited by gene3x on July 24, 2007)
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
After all this I wouldn't refund a damn thing...
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
This is the MOST ridiculous thread I have ever read. Gene shame on you for how you handled the initial transaction. Dave shame on you for airing this publicly and for asking/implying Gene should pay you $50 for you time and trouble. I am starting to think Dave should pay us all $50 for having to read this abomination.

Oh and for all you Texas haters I am from Texas, know Gene personally and if you read above I said shame on him for how he handled the transaction. In Gene's defense he has offered to make things RIGHT. I still haven't seen either one apologize (although I could have missed it). Who is going to be first?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
I don't know how Paypal works outside eBay, but on an eBay purchase a copy of this thread would be damning evidence on the seller.

And the claim would be that "the product wasn't as represented". The fact that the seller claims he really didn't know the condition of the product because he never looked at it good would be the clincher.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
davido@sureits.com is this your email address?

By the way for all those that want to keep up on thye drama of the situation. I previously offered to refund him money for his trouble (to buy sand paper or whatever) and let him keep the board he refused that as well. That offer is also now recended.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Is the name calling really necessary? Stop acting like children and move on.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
So you offered to give his money back and let him keep the board and he said no to that too???
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Nick your right.Dave I'm sorry ......
I really did want to work things out but sometimes it is like that girlfriend that won't stop screwing your best friend. Sometimes it is just better to part ways. Bye my friend.

Oh and I almost forgot. Enjoy your board.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Ok so I didn't read all this thread but before I could chose a side I read that Gene offered to let him keep the board, buy him sand paper to fix it, and give him a full refund....This much I "think" i know and that is that paypal isn't going to get you that good of a deal threw there resolution center.....Like Gene said....Enjoy your board.

(Message edited by denwbaseball on July 24, 2007)
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
did you guys hear danny landed a 1080.. thats like 3 spins
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Ok before everyone else goes and does it....I checked on a calculator and a 1080 is in fact 3 spins!!!! WOW
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Dennis is right! it really is 3 spins!!
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Now is that pronounced “ten eighty” or “one thousand eighty”?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
pics or it didn't happen...
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Malibone

oops! wrong thread.

(Message edited by Charman on July 24, 2007)
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       07-24-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
A-dub said it best. Why don't one of you buy it and sand it and ride it? Why would you even sell a board in that shape? That's the sad part. It is straight sad that any of you would actually tell someone they should get over receiving a board in that condition. Like it has been said, we don't know exactly what wording and all went on, but a BLEMISH is not 3 epoxy jobs. If it was stated as a blemish, it was bull-ish. You would not get over it and sand it. It seems to be resolved, and yes Gene has dealt with it very well. All these random "Dude just ride, have fun, it was a steal", no it wasn't, that board is now a slider board, and it's not yours, so the fact you think you can just sand it and ride on, well that irrelevant. IMO, that board should have been sold as a slider board for even less. Who cares what it was, it is now a Platinum piece of ****. A DAMAGED and slightly FIXED board, not a blemished. Everyone wants to just ride and have fun, but if this happened to you you would be a little upset. Point is, board shouldn't have been sold in that condition, and to just sand it sounds like a 16 yr olds quick fix answer. Again, Gene handled it well, and I compliment that, the fact so many people came on and said just sand it and get over it scares me to not trust buying from people on here.

The guys that say ride it and get over it scare me. I've had an awesome experience with people in the classified section on WW, but I will be a little more reluctant now. People who advertise should have a very clear understanding of the condition of the item before they sell it. Knowing FULL well that someone will have a complaint if its not how it was advertised. I do however, feel the seller has owned up to it if he offers a full refund while covering or splitting the shipping costs.

Both the seller and buyer seem like decent guys. Don't ruin your character or reputations by bashing each other or anybody else. Just get it settled and be done with it. My $.02
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-24-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Well I'm not. F'in TX boys always trying to win of some one shame shame on them TX boys
What are we crying about again. Oh yeah Shananigens!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
i like turtles
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
SAY WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
thats me on the news
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-24-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B-K4NGo2HE&mode=related&search=
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
haha nice
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
now that I'm done having fun you guys can get back to fighting with each other..Cheers