Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Thought I would share this boat with you. Nothing Grant West style but definitely has a good blingin factor. It's owned by Scott Erickson in Phoenix AZ. This boat was on display at the Kicker Big Air bash. I know there's 3 batteries hidden in there, 3 10" L5s, 3 amps, custom speaker pods in lieu of the factory ones and lots of cool red lighting. I'll try to get Scott to get me some dark photos. I sold Scott this boat and he is a rep for Kicker Audio.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
Dan : am I the Strero NAZI,. I hope not. Thanks for posting pic's. Its cool to see other system's. This one looks good. Cool to see kicker getting involved. I hope people are NOT posting pic's of there system because they are afraid they will be picked apart.

Dan how did it sound?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
That looks like a boat that you can actually ride it. Its really clean. Thanks for posting
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
That boat looks like it has a pair of Pro-80s on it.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Hey Dan,
When you taking that Regal out again??
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-09-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Sweet!. Good eye Grant, you are correct, Wet Sounds PRO 80's! I found a better shot on the kicker big air gallery page. Sweet Boat, the fiberglass panels for the coaxs are clean.

Tim

Upload
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Yes guys, I did say custom pods and I ment to say custom speakers in the cockpit. The tower inclosures are currently wetsounds. The system sounds killer. I've owned this same boat with 2 L5s and my system didn't touch this. The outer wall of the boat flexed a ton when the bass was rollin on the port side. Plenty of punch and I know Scott had it tamed down.

Grant, your stuff is the bomb, I have seen some ridiculous installs on stuff I could never have imagined and your stuff is still wake-worthy. As mentioned in the Polk Audio Nautique thread that I saw at Sema, that boat had a system that took up storage, ballast and even seats! This system is tight that it still allows for full use of all lockers except behind the observers seat, which could still be used if you wanted to cover up that pretty amp pyramaid.

Red- The Regal is sold, on to new projects and new careers. Hopefully in the next week I can blab about my new job in the wakeboat industry but until then I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I'm running a Supra 21V for now. 24-54 gallons per hour on the Regal just wasn't worth it hahaha.