Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-13-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Hey everyone I just wanted to remind you all that there is only 2 days left to get your entries in for the board contest. Everyone at Gator Boards is really excited including Leslie and deciding on a winner is getting tougher and tougher as we get closer to the deadline. If you have an entry and it isn't up here get it to Dave Williams ASAP!

Here are all the entries we have so far, not in any particular order:

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
I'm thinking she will like the TOP one. It has a lot of good photos in there. Nice work!
Old    r_dub            07-14-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
I also like the top one. But the only person who really followed what the description said was the second one. But it was confusing because the rough scetch did not match the description of what she wanted. Either way, top one gets my vote.
Hey, does anyone else find it funny that she wanted pictures of herself on her board? Im not hatin, I think she is one of the radest chicks in the sport. But it may come across a little vain. I think it would be cool if the pictures were turned into "japanimation" style artwork of her, instead of actual pictures. That might be really cool. Damn, wish I had some skills!

(Message edited by r_dub on July 14, 2004)
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
yeah it is a little odd that she wants pictures of herself on her board but its her board and she can have anything she wants on it.
Old    r_dub            07-14-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
That is true mango!
And she does look good. And I guess you have to be a little vain/confident if your an "aspiring actress". lol
Damn, to bad baywatch isnt still around. We already know what she looks like in a bathing suite. Her and Hobie would have made such a cute couple, awwww. lol
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-15-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
A message from LK:

"Yes I know it may seem vain that I want a picture of myself on the board, but this one picture is very special to me. All I want is a siloette of that one picture that appeared in the first add that was ever published of me. This picture means a lot to me because the sillouette of this shot was actually screen printed onto a t-shirt and sent to me by the wonderful people at end of the rope gang. It was one of the most special things to ever happen to me in my life. It just so happens that that silloete is from the best picture ever taken of me (in my opinion) and unfortunaly I no longer have the magazine it was printed in. So if this is something I will be able to have to represent my career as a pro wakeboarder to keep forever I definately want that silloet shot on there because it has lots of meaning to me. I wish I could remember which photographer took the picture, he was a good one. This is the one picture that shows up on the white picture for the top in between the 2 colorful bottom graphic drawings that are very similar. That is the only picture I want of my self on there. Those other illustrations are up to the artist to decide, but I like music so musical notes might be cool, a cool looking illustration of a camera or a video camera might or both would be cool too since I love photagraphy and cinnamatagraphy. A book with pen writting might also be really cool looking on the film strip too since that is one of my dreams in life (to write a book). It may even be cool to have a blank film strip with nothing but a blue sky and maybee a few clouds and some tips of palm tree frons since that is something that shows up in my video footage quite a bit these days. I would like to thank every one participating in this contest I appreciate it more than words can say. I would like to include all of these enteries in my book that I'm writing if that's OK and I will give art credit to all of you, so I will definately need to get contact info for all of you contestents who want to be included in this chapter of this book I'm writting. I would say I'm more of an aspiring author and film maker than actress, but when I think about it, I realize acting would probably be very fun and exciting, but for now I'm writing my book and making a movie/wakeboarding movie in my time off the water, cause no one can wakeboard all day long every day. It'd be nice though huh? Thanks
so much again every one for all the great enteries, you are all great artists, this is gonna be hard to choose. I also encourage all of you to stick with your art, you are all very talented artists, and art is a powerful tool and it can get you very far in life if you know what to do with it and keep it beautiful and filled with pasion."
>

> LK
Old    r_dub            07-15-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hey Hahn, if you can get this message to Leslie, Tell her not to listen to me, cause Im a jackass, lol. No really, I totally understand where she is coming from now.
But tell her I still think she would have been perfect for Baywatch!
Old    buergday            07-15-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Hahn,
I noticed that there are some designs missing above. There are a bunch posted in the other forum that aren't here. A few of mine, but also a few other peoples. I just wanted to be sure that she got them too and that they're eligible.BTW, all of those are sweet. It's cool to see how each person interpreted her vision differently, in their own unique style. Great job everyone!
Old    buergday            07-15-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Here are the missing entries from the other thread...

Old    r_dub            07-15-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Dave, I really like the bottom of your last design, meaning the black and yellow one. I like how the tree and the background are the same color. With the white outline, that works really well.
Old    part_timer            07-15-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
I like mine better with brown instead of blue on the bottom. Needs a little work on the top though.

Kent board 2
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Chris, "That is awful, What were you thinking?"
-Simon Cowell
Old    part_timer            07-15-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thanks sweetheart. . . I like you too.

Have another.

Kent board 3