Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
So it's tastin and racin time on lake sammamish so the wallies think...let's grab some beer, the kids, the tube and go to the lake. It doesn't matter that we just got the boat and don't know a thing about laws and water safety. who cares if it is someones backyard. its not littering, its only cigarette butts and beer bottles. we can probably pull our tubes somewhere its not too rough if those waterskiers and wakeboarders aren't in the way. I'll just turn around as fast as i can just in case anyone is around. I'm soooo pissed at wally's right now, can you tell? i was working on my slider sunday left the ropes tied to bouys inside the no wake zone. i see someone in my webcam pulling up my ropes and bouys. so me and a friend yell from the dock, no response, i jump in the boat and approached him with "would you mind putting my ropes back?" flustered he says "i was just seeing what they were for." i said "i don't think so, the're not yours, they are there for a reason so don't touch them." Then, about an hour later, another wally speeds by my dock at 20 mph 50 feet away while my friends in the water. then right to my bouys he goes. pulls up rope, we yell, get in boat, and approach. "put it back" I say, "I was just seeing why it was there." he says. "to mark the stump under you boat" i say. he starts to be a jerk and tells us about how he wasn't going to ruin his prop by running it over. i tell him not to go over 8mph in the no wake zone. he yells "I'm going to cut them loose later!" i nearly lost it and would have jumped into his boat and beat his ass if his family wasn't with him. This along with 5 or 6 jet skiers scoping out my kicker, was enough to make me pull them in. i will put them both back when i ride again and might just keep them out during the week and by appointment only. Thanks for letting me vent. the slider is fully plywooded and raised now. have fun and be safe out there.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
I think we all understand your frustration Mike. Jobe has had his stolen a couple of times. I think you might be better off only having them out mid week and pulling them in on the weekends. I know it's a pain but it's better than getting them ripped off.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-10-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
Wallies are evil.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Curious: do you own the water that the slider/ropes sit in?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Curious: Do you own the road that your car sits on?

Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Ahh the fun of summer at lake Samm! I feel your frustration… consider yourself lucky that you don’t have the additional joy of dealing with the boat launch. After Saturday I realized that I had forgot how bad the launch is. CRAZY!

If you do pull them in you could always get a sign about having a video security camera.

Aside from getting them ripped off… I guess you also have less chance of someone else getting hurt and leading to more problems if you keep em locked up. Still a pain though!

How is the knee?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Nope, and if I park my car in the middle of the street it will get ticketed and towed within no time.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
yes i own the whole m- f ing lake. you got a problem with that. FYI DAMEDAWG MY BOUYS ARE EXACTLY 300 FT FROM SHORE ACTING AS NO WAKE BOUYS WHEN THEY AREN'T ATTATCHED TO MY SLIDER AND KICKER. THE POLICE HAVE APPROVED THE LOCATION AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO SAID I COULD PUT IT THERE. that wasn't you out there pulling up my bouys was it? dane loves wallies! dane loves wallies!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
oh i guess it was you pulling them up. nice tube on the racks by the way.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
First off Danedawg, the Cops have already come out and gave Mike the ok to keep the slider and kicker up. Second, they are just inside the no wake zone. So if you were driving down the street and saw a car parked on the shoulder, do you pull over and take a few tires? Maybe a stereo or some CD's? No, it's not your property is it. I understand that the lake belongs to everyone and should be enjoyed by everyone. That doesn't mean you have the right to steal property that doesn't belong to you. The last time I checked this was a wakeboarding website, maybe you're just offended because you are a wally too? JK
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
Dane,
1. He shouldn't be speeding through no wake zones.
2. Simply because his item(s) are on a public water-way does not mean they're public items.

B-
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Okay, Hahn beat me to it.
Old    leggester            06-10-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
Actually, there are different rules for different waterways in each state.

Nice response to a question guys. Yeah, rip on a boarder fellas.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
Steven, calling me a Wally is really creative.

I am not justifying the behavior of the "wallys". However, I am questioning the legality of squatting sliders.

As a home owner, I would be concerned with the proliferation of sliders parked in my/our lake. One man's majestic slider is another man's eye sore.

I am cool with this if the slider is permited/registered and legally operated. Is this the case?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
permit shermit! Don't you think i checked with my neighbors to see if they minded? so its okay with 5 out of 6 neighbors, the only guy who had a problem with it lives almost out of sight of the kicker and his wife came and talked to us before her husband called the police. she said " my husband doesn't want you guys to have any fun." It was okayed by the police and i am a licensed contractor so they are well built and tastefully painted. most neighbors like the entertainment of people hitting them. i also bring them in often so it is just two white bouys they have to look at.registered? i need a patent? you don't need a permit if it is a temporary object. i don't care if you are cool with it or not really. you wouldn't use it if you were cool with it. skate parks and snowboard parks are operated by the city without liability thanks to recent changes in law regarding people hurting themselves because they decided to try to slide,jump, or grind objects. luckily, it is people like you who would try it, or have your kid try it, then sue when you or he hurts yourself. this post was about pulling up bouys not sliders anyway.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
Matt, in my opinion Danes question was a sarcastic one.

Dane, in my opinion a Wally is a boater that has no clue what they're doing on the water, ie launching issues, violating no wake zones and just poor etiquette on the lake. Based on your profile this doesn't seem to be the case. Hence the JK ! I agree with you that one mans vision can be another's eye soar. As for permitting, the King County Sheriff's department doesn't seem to have an issue with the slider nor the kicker. No permits required.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Mike, I am sorry, I did not know the background. And, I just asked some questions about ownership and legality. I am glad you guys are having fun with the slider and, not that it matters to you, I am glad that you are being considerate of others while you do it. Later!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
It's just a shame to see two handicapped boarders in such a bitter disagreement. I thought you people were generally an easy going folk.

Steven,

how many times do I have to tell you to leave the "special needs" boarders alone.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
dane- i don't know if you saw my last post before it was deleted. i knew youwere flipping me crap and was just flipping some back. i don't really think you are a wally. i was a little offended that you didn't think i had thought about my neighbors. they are the ones who will make me move them or get rid of them. i make it a point to stay on the good side of the police and my neighbors. no hard feelings. matt- you are nothing to me but a pest that i wish would go away. i try my best to better the sport i love for all and will continue to do so with the help of our crew. i am not a wsr type. cliff...eat it big guy. i can post the good pics of you or the bad pics of you so be nice! j\k. when you gonna hit it my man. plywood is completely on the slider now and i think you are up. it will hurt less than those backrolls i promise.
Old    tammy            06-10-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
Mike never knew my boat was up in Washington. How many I ask did you get the picture?

Tammy

PS take some photo shop classes, that tube SUCKS
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
too much whining in wally world for me.

later
Old    leggester            06-10-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Well, I was reprimanded for insulting a WakeWorld poster.

My apologies.

Matt
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
Mike Cliff and I are going to try to ride Wed at 7:00 do you want to tag along? There is room in the boat if anyone else is interested, let me know.
Scott
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Cliff that was funny shizzle. Leave the crips alone. haha

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-10-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
we have the same wallys in the backwater at Canyon Lake, and whats even funnier, is that they are not even suppossed to be on the water! They outlawed pwc's BUT, it's no biggie if they stay on the backside of the backside. This past week, I had a guy confront me about my wake pushing his PWC's into shore. And then he sprayed my boat, and I am talking flippin posiedon adventure! I almost blew a gasket. I thought to myself, I said "self, are you being a canyon lake pompous ass?" and then I said to myself (with a chorus of other wakeboarders) "HECK NO!!" Bottom line, I pay for that water on a monthly basis. He wanted wakes?? I put his dang PWC's on his truck and he didn't even have to touch them. ok, flame away! (be gentle!!)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
E. lk. Sammamish Crips is the set that i claim! by the looks of your old boat your claiming bloods. better never come around my hood or i'll do a float by on your ass. sorry i just got caught up in the gansta thang for a minute. i think we can all get along. scotty i am down as always. i've been wakeskating to get me through this injury. if you feel up to hitting the slider, or kicker, i can put them out tonight so i don't have to do it tomorrow. whats up with the remote slider cam? room in the boat...okay i'll call all my friends to let them know!
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
Excellent I'll expect 12-16 more people. I'll bring the camera tomm. and some velcro and we'll see if we can find a place on the slider for it.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
Good one Mike. You and I must be the head of the Eastside crips.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
OK who is going to be lefty? haha

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 6:06 PM Reply   
Brent, you're about as far from the getto as you can get! Even though you have as much bling bling as 50 cent that doesn't mean your down with the crips! Picturing you from the hood makes me laugh my arse off! Have you ever even driven near the hood? Probably not because they would have car jacked your X5!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
no doubt Brent, I wonder who will join our wakeboard gang next? I think maybe we should jump Hahn for initiation. make him one of the crips. throw your set in the air!
man you guys should come down to the hood tonight, its not bad out here at all. vasa looks buttery.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
hahn in his gansta gear!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Buahahahaha Watch out he'll rough you up!

Where is Elvis ( in the Ghetto )

www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by phaeton on June 10, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
Oh it's on Now!
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-10-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
Hahahahah........LMAO!!!!!! That is grrrrreatttt. OG Hahn solo bumbin' the clock work..hahah!! Speaking of that,you got my cd done yet???
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
Hahn is a Wanksta. Hahn, I have only heard about the CD and the Hilltop. My navigation does not allow the X to go into that area. You know me, I get nervous just having to come off the Plateau. God forbid I actually have to go over the bridge!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 10:30 PM Reply   
Getto Huling

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 10:48 PM Reply   
Funk, burned you a copy for our next outing.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
who is riding tomorrow morning?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
so who is riding tomorrow morning?
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-11-2003, 6:07 AM Reply   
I'll see you in a little while!!
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-11-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
I can't make it in the morning's until my son is out of school on the 20th of this month.After that I'am down for ealry morning ride's.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
Funkster and his crew. I would have added Umali but he can't defend himself on this board anymore!

Old    isaac_d_funk            06-11-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
Those are my boys from back in the projects...big ups!!
Old    vanderski            06-11-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
Wow Steve has changed sinced I moved to LA.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
Super Air Team @ 5:30 AM Funk!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2003, 10:36 PM Reply   
what about me hahn? oh i see, i mean "C" how it is. J\K i'll just be kicking it on my dock, not riding, dreaming of a pull behind a SAN..... still kidding. i would love a pull if there is room but i don't want to overwhelm your friend like i did scotty when he first brought his boat here. plenty of time left to hook up this summer.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Mike,
Danielle's boat is at newport on lake WA. If you want to come ride give me a shout, we're going to start riding 2 to 3 days a week 5:30 am style. I'm sure she would be happy to pull you.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-12-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
Hahn.... me too! Gotta hook me up for a pull behind the new boat sometime… I still have yet to ride behind a Super Air.

So the new girl has you getting up early to get to the lake huh??
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
Not my girl! Friend..... That's all. She's a great gal and if you can get up that early, I'm sure she'll pull you. She wants to meet everyone in our crew so she has more people to ride with.