Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-31-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
Im not sure where to put this thread, but I think here is best since diet and weight training is kind of a necessity when wakeboarding. I read a book called Carb Nite a while back and it is a ketogenic diet. Under 30 carbs a day for the first 10 days, than after a full body workout out, you can carb load on the 10th night. You than go back to keto for 5 to 7 days and have a carb night to refill your glycogen stores. I drop weight on this diet, which Im sure 3/4 of it is water. I also shoot for a 700-1000 calorie deficit a day so I can drop around 2 lbs a week. I weighed 196 Monday and am already down to 188 as of this morning which I know its water.

Combined with my keto diet, I also do intermittent fasting. I do at least a 16 hours fast, than a 8 hour feeding window. I workout around 4 which I normally break fast with a snack before I hit the gym. Some days Ill fast for 20 hours but still like to hit at least 2000 calories.

Right now my workout plan is:
Monday: Chest/tris, abs
Tuesday: Back/ Bis
Wednesday is off day
Thursday: Shoulders/ Abs
Friday: Legs
Weekend is also off

Sorry for the long write up, but just curious to what some of you guys are doing to stay in shape and keep adding a little bulk throughout the year. I was decently cut up in March at 168, but than I started going to the lake every weekend, and drinking beer. Than I turned 21 and drank a ton of beer in June My goal by the first of the year is to cut back down to at least 170, than do a real clean bulk to get me where I want to be for the summer. Any input or plans that are working for you guys would b awesome