Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
I recently just picked up an 08 SS Recoil w/ D2s for the upcoming season. My old setup is a 07 CWB Transcend with Faction bindings, which weighs a ton. I will be hitting up the new Wake Nation park in Cincinnati this summer as i only live about 1/2 hour away...SWEET!! I will probably ride behind the boat about 75% of the time and 25% cable. My current thinking is to ride at the park with the 08 Recoil with my Faction bindings for ease of entry and exit...but im concerned about tearing up my new board as is does not have the "dura-base" that the 09 SS boards have. Should I rock out the new SS at the cable or let my old CWB board be the beater?...Feel free to post good and bad experiences about any board at the park.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-26-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
Down here in tampa between 2/4 3/5 people ride SS at mccormicks including myself I suggest it!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-26-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
I would say that the slingshot would be a better choice for the cable but from someone who rides cable alot, I would recommend the beater until you get yourself a good cable board with a good base to protect it a little better. However the cable will do a number on your board no matter what so be prepared. Go with a beater or ride something that has a good base. I plan on hitting that cable this summer so I might see you there.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
+1 Slingshot or Obrien flex stuff.... it keeps it warranty even after rail hits.
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 4:19 AM Reply   
slingshot at the cable for sure... I used one strictly for rails for a season without problems...