Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (koolmoe)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2010, 10:30 PM Reply   
What are your thoughts on the line up of Ronix equipment. Everything from boots, wake boards, wake surfers, ropes, handles and vests? I have the ability to get some killer deals on Ronix gear but if it is not great gear that will work for me, doesn't make sense how good the deal is right.

FWIW, I am just getting into board based water sports. I have been riding before and am a pretty fast learner so want to make sure that I am getting gear that will grow with me or at least allow me to advance.

Thanks for your input.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2010, 11:32 PM Reply   
I would get it. It's all I have rocked since the line came out and they just keep getting better.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-09-2010, 11:40 PM Reply   
Ronix is one of the top brands in the industry, and always puts out the best stuff. Definitely take up that chance.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
We need more information to make recommendations. Height and weight, what kind of boat do you ride behind, do you like to go up or out when you jump, how much are you willing to spend...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Ive owned lots of bindings and I can honestly say my 09 Ronix Ones are the best Ive worn. Cant find a flaw in them at all. The locks, the laces, the feel, the comfort, mobility with support and man are they light!
Old     (kentharmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
You cant go wrong with Ronix. My bro rides the Ronix Frontier board and it is nice! We also both ride with Ronix impact vests. Dont ever be scared to get behind a company that Parks Bonifay helped start. haha! Its good quality gear my friend
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-10-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
My 09 One's are the best bindings I've ever ridden. I can't find a flaw with them like he said above. Super comfortable and just the right amount of flex. Not too stiff, not too loose.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
Parks may of helped but Herbs been in the biz since before Parks was an itch in his daddys pants. Herb knows what he is doing. A true icon and legend for sure.
Old     (koolmoe)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2010, 8:42 PM Reply   
Sorry for not getting this up sooner. I am a 5 foot 11 inch 165 pound beginner moving with a lot of surfing and snowboarding hours under my feet. I like to go high and fast and can imagine it will be the same on the water. Although I do like a lot of stability under my feet too. I am probably not going to be getting to tricky. I will be pulled by a 2010 23 lsv with stock ballast.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2010, 1:09 AM Reply   
138-142.

You're fairly tall so I'd go with a 142.
Old     (koolmoe)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-11-2010, 1:36 AM Reply   
Wow. Thanks VLX. I think you are the first person to ever say I was fairly tall or even refer to me as tall at all.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-11-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
5'11 is tall for a wakeboarder when you compare yourself to most pro's. I'm 5'10" and I weigh 160. I ride a One 138.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-11-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
JK, first of all it sounds like you made your decision on what boat you were going to get. Congrats, I think you will be very happy. There are a few people on this board that are pretty tight with Paul(Service Manager) and should be able to help you if you have any questions or concerns. Keep an eye out on wakeworld for NuBu and LilJohn.

As far as the Ronix stuff goes it is awesome stuff. I am fairly biased as my old roommates work for Ronix, but none the less I love their gear. Their boots are amazing. If you have anymore questions shoot me an email.

Maybe we'll have to meet up on Sammamish this summer some time.
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-11-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have come to see that almost all the brands are the same as far as boards go it just depends on the shape that you like (now thats just my opinion). Bindings on the other hand are a different story. Ronix for sure makes the best bindings. I am rocking 09 cells and they are sweet. there bindings are the best by far.
Old     (koolmoe)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-11-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thanks Brett. The MC, while a very nice boat, just can't compare on value and while they had a few things about them we like better, it just didn't justify the price gap. I am actually heading into Bake's today to place my order. I will email you as I get closer to the gear purchase. And as for meeting up on LakeSam, that would be cool.

Thanks for all your help.

And thanks to everyone on there help and advice on the gear.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-11-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
As far as the Ronix line goes, it sounds like you want something with some form of a continuous rocker (Viva, Mana, Bill are the pro model continuous boars). It also seems like you could probably ride a pro model board, as you are used to riding sideways and they are still made to be user friendly. As for the boots, it just depends on how much stiffness you want, as they are all super light and super awesome.
Old     (nautigarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-16-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
I would grab a limited board while they are still in stock!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-16-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
I have always been a CWB guy but last week I had a chance to fondle the '010 Ronix line with a factory rider in tow to answer questions. The boots are just simple, and light and built right. the boards. especially the Vision I locked down for my son has some really swoopy rocker but wide and light. The thing just looks cazy fast. For now I'll ride the '09 Transcend but when new board time rolls around I'll be looking at Ronix.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-17-2010, 1:33 AM Reply   
I had some problems with Ronix when they first came out. I had a One and the lect binding came off the board while riding in a tourney. I had just tightened them before my run. This caused the board to twist my right knee and I tore a meniscus. I talked w/ the Buywake rep who told me that they had several problems with the early One's not having deep enough binding holes drilled and the boots coming off. I think it may have also been due to the base plate bending, which they had issues with early as well.

I did like their boots a lot though. They were super comfey and light.

After the issues I had with Ronix I went back to riding LF. I hear their new stuff is sick though and may check them out again one day.