Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Editing now.
Will post within the hour : )
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ok, here it is guys!
I can't believe I'm the first person
to post a video of this long-awaited wake!?
Shouldn't I get some kind of reward or something?

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6933
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for taking the time!!
Old    xwake            04-14-2003, 6:42 PM Reply   
What was the event?

I got to crawl around one of these this past Friday. That boat is huge. It's like the size of an X-30.

-Bo
Old    aaron_bell            04-14-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
I didn't think the wake was all that....
Old    gotpwr            04-14-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
To answer your question Sandy: It's all that and a bag a chips! What more could you ask for, the room of an X-30 and a wake one notch above a SAN? But here's the real question, can you slalom behind it?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Sorry, but I have doubts...

1) they optimized for bow space - bfd.
2) the cockpit is small for a huge boat - sub vlx.
3) the low bow nose is silly.

For $70K it needs to be A LOT better than SAN/VLX.
Old    gotpwr            04-14-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
I don't know Dane, I think it is the real deal, but what do I know, I have a D-drive and I like my clamshell observer seat. I'll have to reserve final judgement until I see one closeup and in person. I wonder if Correct Craft is trying to figure out how to put a SAN running surface under a Nautique 226? The next couple of years are going to be interesting to watch as the rest of industry responds.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
I agree Dane! Maybe the video doesn't do it enough justice but for that price------$70k! That puppy better be hurling "tsunamis" or "swamping" other craft on the lake! Sure glad me and the missus saved the $30 grand by purchasing, roughly the same size Tige 22v RE(new).......No worries here for the MC crowd though, just means more shrimp on the barbie for me mate!!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
I'd like to know how much weight they're running. If it's a stock ballast it's impressive. If not, what a disappointment!

B-
Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-15-2003, 7:09 AM Reply   
I had the privelage to ride in and behind the new X-Star with Zane and Andrew last Friday. (CWB clinic) The boat was awesome!!! Rock solid tower, innovative board racks, roomy interior, and the wake was massive. Firm, rampy, and big @ 70 feet. You would be the Mac Daddy of the lake with this primo ride!!!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-15-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
I'm not into video editing but maybe people could make more educated judgements if you could edit a video into a split screen with the new X-Star wake on one side and simultaneouly show a SANTE on the other side. Then you can compare side by side in motion???

Just a thought! Can anyone do this?
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
That would be cool, but for it to show a real comparison, I would think that the boats:

-need to be factory ballast only (yes the ballast amounts differ, but isn't that what we all ideally would want to use, only, if it is adequate, no screwing around with bags or even extra systems).

-Same amount of people on boat

-Adequate depth

-Camera at same zoom setting.

(Message edited by fbroen on April 15, 2003)
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-15-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
hmmm, maybe this is some diabolical plot to raise new boat prices without really offering anything in addition.

holy sufferin' wakeboarders! free lead maybe?
Old    jjeboarder            04-15-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
It looks good to me, hard to tell in the vid.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       04-15-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Whoever was rding in that video was going huge! It was hard to tell what the wake truly looked like in the video but it looked pretty clean to me. Did I mention the rider was going huge!
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
Most of it was Shaun Murray
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-15-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
Good work Sandy. The wake looks great to me. If you can justify 30k for the difference though you are a richer man than me. What I notice is how low the bow is off the water. It looks like the front is just waiting to scoop in water when turning to pick up a rider. Coming to the bottom of a lake near you soon....the new deckstar. And yeah yeah a good driver could avoid that but sometimes the only driver with me to pull me ain't that bright. This looks like it sits lower than my outback.

And all this ballast talk. If I spend 70k on a wakeboard boat I better not have to haul lead weights or bags of sand to it to produce a big wake. I want it to be factory huge. That better have been unweighted (but I doubt it).

It was certainly big enough though to give me a woody. I have barely touched a wake 1/2 that size.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-15-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
Sandy,

Nice work...I was wondering why no music, but then it kicked in!

Sunday was a good time. However, it's too bad there's no video of the Lake Tarpon riders on your new Landlock or Scape wakeskate!

Next time...