Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-29-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
I have heard that some customers are having issues with wakespecialty.com.I understand that payment is made and no product is delivered. Does anyone know if the issue has been resolved as I would like to purchase some products from them.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-30-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
wondering the same
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-30-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
yes they are still not responding. I ordered some trailer guides and never received them. Paypal turned down our request to get a credit back because he closed his account, luckily our credit card stepped up and took care of us.

I would not buy anything from them
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-30-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
last i heard they are getting there stuff together and will be back and ready
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-30-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
I would only order COD until their rep. improves. I ordered LED cup holders last March and got them in a reasonable time, so I can not say anything bad, but there have been a few that have not been so lucky.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
?????? Getting their 'stuff' together? I've seen posts on 4-5 different sites from different people saying how they've ordered items, not received them and not gotten any response from the 'company'.

How do they get their 'stuff' together after that kind of service? I haven't even bought anything from them and I would deter ANYone from using them in the future if they plan to open up for business again.
Old     (getbigmatt)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I live in Dallas and attempted to meet with Wake Specialty locally and had similar issues. Very poor service would not recommend.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-30-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
im just saying what someone said to me but alright...
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-30-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Nothing but good things about Wakeside.com..... just bought a board and bidings, rope, handle....
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
durr...

difference between "Wakeside" and "Wake Speciality"
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Anyone else have a good or bad experience with Wake Speciality? I am adding LEDs to the interior of my X30 this winter and they (Wake Speciality) seem to have some nice LED packages.
Old    tantrum2blind            12-05-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Hey Tom,
My name is John Newton, and I am the new face (if thats what you want to call it) to Wake Specialty. I know I am going to be getting a beating for a while over some past deals that went wrong, but I am in the process of working through those. This is not the "Official" announcement that Wake Specialty is under new management with the same great product (that will be coming out soon), but I wanted to get the fact out that Wake Specialty is back and going to do things right. If you want to look further into lighting up your X-30, please feel free to email me at john@wakespecialty.com and I would be glad to help you get the ball rolling on your project, or answer any questions or concerns you may have about the "Old Wake Specialty". Thanx Tom, and have a great day.

P.s. To those of you who are going to start ripping into me and the company, that's ok, I know there were some bad deals, but I am GOING to fix those. Post your thoughts or issues on here or email at john@wakespecialty.com so I can do what I can to start the "Healing Process". Thanx for your time.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       12-05-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hey John thanks for the update, I think this has been an on going quest to find out what happened to Kris, and the company.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
John: So what happend to Wake Speciaity. As far as I know every thing was cool I was getting LEDs no problem and the next thing Kris is not returning calls and I start seeing all these unhappy people. I still have not heard from Kris?
Is he ok?
Old    tantrum2blind            12-05-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Clayton,
Kris has been wanting to do this for a while, we talked about changing the company around (what it will take to fix things and get going strong again), and we are starting to get that done. There are quite a few steps that are being taken to get moving, and we are smack dab right in the middle of the "Holliday Season", so it will take some time. I AM working on it though. If you need anything, please let me know. Thanks man.
John Newton
john@wakespecialty.com
Old    tantrum2blind            12-05-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Grant,
Hey man, Kris is doing ok, he has been realy busy with family and other things. He was in a wreck in our last snow and ice hit we got. He is fine, a little bruised up, but he is fine. With Wake Specialty though, he just got way to busy to handle it all on his own. He is truly sorry about what has happened, but that is what I am here for. I want to get things fixed, and get W.S. working and strong again. What are you needing man? Would you be able to email me what you need (john@wakespecialty.com), I don't have a phone # that can be used for this right now, but I will soon. Let me know what I can do man, thanks.
John Newton
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
John: Thanks Ill e-mail ya I have a bunch of projects that I need to get going I have been on the Hunt for some SMT's and have had no luck. The ones I got from Kris were the Bomb. I didnt want to try other ones not knowing how they would hold up. So Im glad that I can get back to some LED projects
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-05-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
The LED pods/strips for sale on wakespecialty are just the “street magic” brand LED’s. Looks like wakespecialty is just a reseller? Search “street magic” LED’s and you’ll find other places to buy them.