Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-15-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
Hey guys weve got a 96 Prostar 205 direct drive with about 800 lbs of lead thats split 40/60 front to back. The wake is really good size, but we have a problem, the drivers side of the wake (my heelside, i ride regular stance) is very rampy with practically no lip, while the other side is the perfect shape with a great lip. My question is what could be causing this and how can i fix it?! I have tried moving weight around and putting more on the drivers side, then more on the passengers side and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?!? Thanks!
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-15-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
oops sorry guys...meant to post in the boats section
Old    drewsky24            06-15-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Put more weight on the passenger side and take some away from the drivers side. Post a pic of it when you get a chance.
Old    gruelie            06-15-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
You just need to even the weight out. If the driver is heavier than the other passengers than the wake will be different
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-15-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
Make sure the weight is even side to side in each section of the boat as well (front, middle, back). I have had it wher I can move weight side to side in the back of the boat and not fix the shape. Try moving the weight side to side in the front too as the problem could be up there.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
I noticed that if the weight is uneven in the front,it effects the wake ALOT more then the uneven weight in the back.
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-16-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
thanks guys i'll try to move some of the lead in the bow around this afternoon and see if it will even out . ill also try take a pic if i get a chance
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-16-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
The rotation of the prop causes the one side of the wake to be problematic. 480 lbs of weight in the back of a 205 is not enough. You will need more weight in the rear to overcome your wake issues.
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-16-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hey John (and everyone else) what would be the perfect weight set up for the largest wake possible? Ive got tons for fat sacks and stuff sitting on the storage unit....just wondering what everyones thought would make the best wake?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
In a 205,I believe go 60 to 40 bow to back.60% of the weight in the bow and 40% of the weight in the back.That is especially in the winter when everybody sit in the cockpit.You can't go wrong if you go 50% to 50% distribution from front to back and at least put 1000lbs over the stock.