Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
I’m looking for a new pair of bindings and am having trouble deciding between a new pair of 04' hyperlite parks and the 05' liquid force sphnyx
Old    drewsky24            05-16-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
The friggin Sphynx's what are you thinking gosh, but you should get the Teams over either of them.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-16-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
never been in the teams but love my sphynx
Old    aceofdimondz            05-16-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
i've heard the parks bindings are really uncomfortable but i'm actually in the process of buyin' a pair of sphynx right now... i'd buy the lf transits if i had more $$$ tho!
Old    wickedwake            05-16-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
I would just wait and save up the extra like 30$ and buy the Transits. I'm not putting the Sphynx's in the same category as the Transits. Transits are the SHIZ baby!

You can thank me later LOL
Old    bgriff            05-16-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
I would say get the sphynx it have a pair and they are awesome.
Old    drewsky24            05-16-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ashley, EBAY
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-16-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
I love the look o fthe sphynx, but I just switched from LF b/c they were busting on me after riding 2 times. Just heard things about the footbeds going quickly on them and actually separating fromt he binding. My plate bent pretty bad. Not saying they're bad, maybe i just got a lemon. Just giving my 2 cents. I'm loving my parks though (04's)
Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Oh man you guys have me right in the middle now. i was thinking hard about the sphynx for a while there but I’m afraid of that overlay tearing too. That happened on a older pair of LF bindings I had
Old    wickedwake            05-17-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Like I said. Spend a few more bucks now and thank me later. Get the Transits!
Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
the only thing is i can get the sphynx new for $220 from a shop, and transits are like 3 something
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
I have both... I like the Sphynx. As for the Team... you can't compare. Team are much stiffer. The Sphynx/Parks have very similar support, I just like the Sphynx better.
Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
has anyone else had problems with the overlays ripping on the sphynx?
Old    skatie            05-17-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
you must have had older lf bindings if the plates bent, they are all made out of plastic now so that there isn't the give that old metal plates had. also, i have seen very few problems with the overlays on sphynx or any lf bindings, that's strange that it happened twice to the same guy. i don't know much about the 05 hyperlite bindings, but i sold them last year and got more of those overlays back than anything else we carried. you should definitely go try them both on and see which one feels better on your foot.
Old     (riverrider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
I just bought transits after having been a hyperlite guy forever. I just liked the fit/functionality of the liquid binding and the look. The 05 hyperlites just don't do it for me. Parks looks like a boot from star wars, the murray has every bell and whistle you can think of and the byerly has the boa that I haven't liked since its inception. But someone said you should try them both on and pick the one that is right for you. Good luck!
Old    murrayair            05-17-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
How flexible is the Transit compared to the Sphinx? Can you really poke out grabs pretty easily?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-17-2005, 10:31 PM Reply   
I just sold my transits cuz I thought they were too stiff. I've ordered my Sphynx's. I was used to Parks bindings which are very flexible. Transits are stiffer.
Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help everyone, I just hooked myself up with the 05' sphynx off of eBay for $215. I figured great price and it seems like many of you are happy with the binding. Thanks again all who posted
Old    drewsky24            05-18-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Chris~ Now who told you that?
Old     (wakepunk16)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
haha. for sure thanks andrew im sure there going to be sick