Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-10-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Anyone have a pair of Transits that are size large narrow? I tried on the Mediums and they were just a little small. Footpad was a little short and they were tight all around. I tried on the larges and they were just a little loose, but the footpad was perfect. Also with the larges to get them tight enough, the overlays were touching when I pulled on the laces.

Anyone in the same boat as me?
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-10-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
thane...man i was in the same boat as you with my sphynx's. the large overlays fit great but the footbed was too short...so i got the XL narrow. got mine from SeeDickRide @ seedickride.com or 701-682-5515 holla at em, they should be able to get the narrows for ya
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
They fit me the same way.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-11-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Same story with the Alphas for me...XL narrow was a perfect fit. LF really scored points with me for thinking that up.
Old    jeffsuperstar            05-11-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
hey thane.
got the transit in large narrow and did not fit me well, were too tight on the side, switch with the sphynx large narrow and they just fit me fine, foot size is 11 ....
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
thanks for the replies. If I decide to get Transits I'm definitely gonna go with the Large Narrow. I e-mailed Scott Crumrine and he told me that the Large Narrow is a large footbed with a medium toepiece. Genius, pure genius.
Old     (ploeger77)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Give Endos in Long Beach a call. They will have some in stock. 562-434-1816
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yeah, finally one of the other binding companies caught up with HL, since they've been doing that for a few years with the Medium/large, etc.....

Just kidding, ha, ha. Yeah, cool idea. I was in the same situation, but the Large-Narrow was a bit small for me. I got the larges and took them apart and pulled the toe piece down a little bit. Now they are perfect..... By far the most comfortable bindings I've ridden. Thane, try them on if you get a chance because they are pretty tight.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
Thanks evan. I tried on the Mediums and they were pretty tight, the footpad just didn't fit right. I'm over taking my bindings apart. I admire you dude.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-11-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
thane, ultras no more?

seriously, try the teams if you're going w/ a lace-up.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-11-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
how are those teams working out for you Joe? My christmas present is a bit late since i needed XL narrows
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-11-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
awesome dude! check out my review.
http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?a=982
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-12-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thane.... I know your pain, man. Having taken apart Ultras in the past I'll never do it again. With the Transits it is a whole other deal. The bindings fit me ok, but were too loose around the toe/instep. It's really simple to tighten them down. I got out the trusty Makita and loosened the 8 screws holding the toe piece in place. I pulled them down, screwed them back together and then cut off the 1/4 inch of excess material on each side. All told, about 1/2 hour. The Ultras used to take like 2 hours of swearing to get right.

Anyway, I tried the Medium-Larges and couldn't even get my feet in them, so I kinda had no choice. Good luck, you'll love the bindings. I rode my '04 Parks bindings last weekend for the first time in 6 months and hated them.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-12-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
right on Evan, I'm thinkin' I should try them Large Narrows on first then. If they don't fit good then I'll go with your idea. I have taken Ultras apart in the past so I know what you're talking about.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-17-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Tried on the Mediums again, without a sock this time (forgot to mention that) and they fit pretty good, except for the short footbed so I got my Large Narrows on order.