Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
I just upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista 64 bit. Everything seems to be fine except for the mouse working from monitor to monitor. I managed to set the display that I wanted as #1 to #1, but I can't get the mouse to act the way that I want it to. The monitors are side by side. The mouse use to cross from one to the other in the center between to two monitors. Now you have to trek from the outside edge of one to the opposite outside edge of the other. I hope that made sense. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 video card that says it is working properly.

Can anyone offer up some advice!? Please...
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-11-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Right click your desktop --> screen resolution --> there is a depiction of monitor one and monitor two --> left click and drag either monitor to the opposite side and hit ok or apply... that should work.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
you're a computer genius Matt! thanks!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-12-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
You can also move them up and down to make sure the mouse moves across the screens in the right location.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-12-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
At work I use a little App called MagicMouse that lets me use one keyboard and mouse across many machines and monitors.

I have 4 monitors running in my office off of two machines, super handy to keep certain apps up on their own monitor and be able to control it all from one keyboard and mouse. Even copy and paste across machines, pretty cool.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       05-13-2010, 12:54 AM Reply   
^^ Wow. I had no idea that existed, can't even imagine the productivity increase I could get running two quadcore computers for Adobes creative suite. you have a link to that? all that comes up in google is apples magic mouse, or does it have something to do with apple?

Last edited by wakeboardertj; 05-13-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardertj View Post
^^ Wow. I had no idea that existed, can't even imagine the productivity increase I could get running two quadcore computers for Adobes creative suite. you have a link to that? all that comes up in google is apples magic mouse, or does it have something to do with apple?
I think that it's an internal tool to work. We have an internal site that people can share out applications they've created. A few of them are in Office2010. It gets a lot of downloads so you might see it for general use at some point, likely with a different name or bundled in with other apps.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
I had looked into that in the past but since it is network based and half of my work is done on VPN it was fruitless for me.. Really cool stuff though