Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ok well I have probably been wakeboarding for about 4 or 5 years now, and I feel like I haven't progressed much at all. I can go w2w hs and ts and consistenly land w2w 180s as well hs and ts. I can also do a number of grabs. I can't really do anything else though besides this. What can I do to progress my riding, to where im landing 3s and maybe some sort of invert?
Old     (westlake_waker)      Join Date: May 2008       05-27-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
You tube. It may sound stupid but that is where I found out how to do a back roll.
And try to get on a trampoline, practice doing back flips and front flips.
Old     (taylor_narlyrider114)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
"the book" wakeboard instructional + a tramp

im in your same shoes cuz that is exactly what i can do. i got "the book" and have been just jumping around on the tramp doing 3's and backrolls. every time i attempt either one of these tricks on the water i complete the trick, land on the water, and then crash lol. but the point is-through all the jumping around, i have the muscle memory at least and now i just have to keep trying on the water to perfect them. ive landed the backroll once and i dont think ive ever not landed on the board trying a 360. so a tramp would be a start. oh and if you can, ride with a few guys who are better than you that can give you pointers and push you. wow, that was way longer than i planned on haha
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-27-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Best way to progress is pick 3-5 basic advanced tricks research them and try them. You can't learn them if you don't try them.
(hs fs 3's, ts fs 3's, hs br, ts br, tantrum, ts front roll,........)

Good luck
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
I tried tried a couple 3s but they turned out bad and have never had the balls to try them again, but thanks for the advice
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
ride with people better then you. thats the way to learn in my opinion. they will pump you up, motivate you, and help you out. its hard to progress when you only ride with your parents every other weekend.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-27-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
if possible, ride with a variety of different riders in your area. ideally, they should be more advanced than you are. if that is not an option, look into an instructor in your area. it is usually kind of pricey, but if you do your research, the tips they can give you while being on the water will be very helpful.
since you are fairly young, make sure your folks are ok with it as well.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
yea i would love to ride with people but there is no one around me that wakeboards except for one person who is about as good as me
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-27-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
WakeWorld is your friend.
but to be safe, I would introduce your parents to this site first, and explain what you are trying to do. WW is a great place to meet good people, and great riders who can truly help you progress.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
They would def understand