Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you visit this cable park?
Yes! I would buy a season pass. 3 16.67%
Yes! I would visit a few times a summer. 12 66.67%
Maybe. Not sure. 2 11.11%
No thanks. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (glwake)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-18-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
Great Lake Wake is working with a property owner who has wanted to build a full-size cable for the last twelve years. Please participate in this poll to help us learn how many people on this forum would be interested in a six-tower cable with an island only half an hour from Niagara Falls, Canada. On site would be a System 2.0, BMX dirt jumps, go kart track, and swimming area with water slides and rope swings.
Attached Images

Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-18-2013, 6:49 PM Reply   
will board pass still exist?
or willthis replace boarder pass
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2013, 4:53 AM Reply   
the fact this hasnt come out sooner is depressing
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
I'm down in niagara quite a bit. I would definitely come a couple times a year!!!
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
Does the lake currently exist or is this a mocked up photo? Because it looks like a screengrab from Google Maps?
Old     (glwake)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-19-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
David, as much as we want to answer your question, we don't know their plans and are unable to speak on behalf of Boarder Pass. It is possible that they will still operate in Port Colborn (near Niagara Falls) or they could partner with the property owner and relocate here. Great Lake Wake has always supported Boarder Pass and we have made no agreements to work with this land owner outside of the free consulting we provide to anyone who wants to build a cable park.

Adam, this is a screenshot from Bing Maps. It has been edited but the lake does already exist. Just not that exact shape. The present dimensions are almost perfect for a cable since the shores are already 50 m apart.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our poll.

We appreciate the interest so keep the questions coming!