Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
so i was wondering if anyone has ever got the fly high 750# bags and plumbed them ontop of the stock hard tanks? would they hold.. also is it me or is the wakemakers.com kit to plumb alittle overpriced?
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-01-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
I did that last year and its all good. You can do it cheap too, if you have the sac's. Plumb the pump hose to the front top port of the bag. Bottom port out to input of stock tank, and back top port to vent out the side. Make sure on the pump lines to attach the anti siphon valves as high as you can because they need to be above the highest water level of the bags. A little hose and a few fittings and you're set. Good luck, its all worth it.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-01-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
Let me start off by saying that I work for Wakemakers. I predict that another user that is not so biased will chime in, I hope.

I have personally been putting a 750lb. fat sac in the VLX locker since 2005. I have integrated them into the Malibu factory ballast system a couple different ways. The experiments went good and bad, but in the end I learned a lot.

I feel comfortable telling you that the Wakemakers piggyback system works. You are paying for the parts that you need and nothing else. I am not saying this is the best system for everyone. Do your research and choose the system that will work best for you.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
well now that i got you is it cheaper to just permanently install the bags instead of using quick disconnects? and what makes the kit $50 dollars per bag for a few connections? this week i am planning on purchasing two 750s and the 1000# for the nose from wakemakers not unless you have a better sugestion for the nose? i have an 07 VLX
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-01-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
It is cheaper to buy the 3/4" hose barb fittings (Fly High W 737 Fittings) ) but they are not elbows which will cause the hose to kink when you close the locker hatch.

The kit comes with the fly high quick release fittings, OEM 3/4" ballast hose, a 3/4" Y fitting, a 3/4" hose barb union fitting, all the hose clamps you need and instructions. We don't charge for the price of the paper so you actually come out ahead.

I usually throw a 750lb. up in the bow and a 400lb. sac in the walk way. The 1000lb. bow sac will be awesome. If you want to integrate the bow bag it is an entirely new ball game. There are a lot more parts to make that one work.

Last edited by spencerwm; 03-01-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 10:43 PM Reply   
well my problem is i dont have the front ballest tank just the mid built in, so i have no problem pumping one bag up just not 3 bags... on another note should i be ok without the re-porp for now with all that weight? we run 450's in the trunk and 650 in the nose now with not much problem. i just dont want to ruin my drive
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
I would suggest adding two new pumps to fill and drain the bow bag with another switch on the dash. Similar to how the new Axis bow bag is setup. It would save you lots of time and really wouldn't cost too much more.

If you are running that much weight you will be happier with a prop upgrade. Either the OJ 466 or the Acme 1235 will do the trick. You will lose a little top end speed but your hole shot will be awesome. You will also see a little better gas mileage at surf and wakeboard speeds.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
ill just give my 2 cents on the 750's here. imo that is way to much weight in the rear. i own a vlx and ride behind 3 other vlx's and they are all weighted very similar. with all the weight forward. i have stock 4 tanks and pw with exactly 2500 in lead in my boat. every brick of lead is forward of the rear lockers. with 65% of it under the helm and forward. its all personal preference on wake shape and firmness but imo and many others the forward weight will give you the thickest meaty vlx wake you can find. i dont have a pic but when my boat is just floating the swim step is touching the water and the bow ring is under it. the 750's in the rear will get you a big widows peak style wake sort of soft imo.

one other thing if you do plumb those 750's in the rear just make sure you always fill those hard tanks first. i have seen the aftermath of a cracked tank and its no good, no good.
Attached Images

Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
so there is no way i can afford that much lead but do you know your weight ratio? if i kept the 750s in the trunks then 1000# in the nose and a 650 in the isle that should be more than enough right?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
before i switched to lead, witch works better only because its true weight and your able to get it into the right spots, i ran with 4 440's they were really stretched out and weighed more like 500 imo but go with it, i ran 1 on the floor along the back seat, 2 down the walk way and 1 T over the bow. this was how we really started to see the forward weight work.

my lead is broken down like this.

bow, stuffed in the cutouts, 100 on each side = 200#
in the walk way all the way forward against the bow tank = 100#
under spotter seat storage area = 500
under the helm = 500
under the rear corner seats 500 each side = 1000
200 more that sits on the floor and is moved around and is alway kept between the driver and spotter.

we fill the stock tanks = 1250#, lead = 2500# and we run the wedge all the down and depending on rider will take it up a click.

cant forget the 3 batteries and a dub 7 under there too, lol!!

let me think about this for a min, what sacks do you have right now? and what exactly do you want to get? also your gonna need to reprop, wont ruffle the feathers here but the acme 1235 will suit you best imo.

Last edited by westsiderippa; 03-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
well i have a tone of bags but nothing extremely large like 750's

i usually use my buddies bags intermittently between the boats.. together we have:

3-250
2-450
1-650
1-400
1-750 tube sack
1-500 tube sac

but all be honest i hate filling all those bags with pumps every night, that is why i wanted to plumb the bags in.