Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-30-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
I posted in another thread (ECM unit... - loose battery terminal) the problems my boat (06 VLX) was having. It is still bogging down at around 3500rpms after running for about 20 minutes. It will run fine and fast (4000+rpms) for a while the it seems to hit a wall. I had to idle home the other night becuase it was running so poorly.

We had the boat at the dealer today, they ran the computer on it and no problems. They also tried to say that the PP was on and causing the problems. Not true because I was cruising at 40mph+ this week with PP off.

This problem didn't start until we got down to about 30% in the tank. We have put about 25hrs on it this spring but kept the tank full until this week.

Could it be that there is just some crap gas sitting in the bottom of the tank? Going to try and fill it up with premium and injector cleaners.

Any thoughts?...........Thanks.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-02-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
clogged filters? There is a lot of stuff floating in the lake right now due to the run off.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
If it runs well when the tank is full but starts having trouble as the tank level drops I would suspect an air leak between the tank and the fuel pump. When the tank is full the pump doesn't have to lift gas very far and the leak is minor. As the gas level in the tank drops the suction required to lift the gas increases and the amount of air that gets in due to the leak increases.

If your fuel filter is between the tank and the pump then it could be the source of the problem, either by providing the leak or if the filter was clogged. I would certainly start with the filter, replacing it just as a matter of principle.

If the filter looks okay then inspect the fuel line carefully. I have created a problem by accidentially stepping on the fuel line as I worked on the boat and the resulting yank tearing the hose where it goes into a fitting.

Rod
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-03-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
I had similar problems in a previous boat. There was water in the tank.

Jman
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-03-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I did put some water remover in there, maybe add more? It is at the dealer today and they are going to water test it.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-03-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
check the vent tube for the tank, replace the fuel water seperator and the in line fuel filter if its a merc. The fuel cap should have a o ring on it. I cant tell you how many times I have seen the o ring missing on the cap.
Most likely you have a fuel delivery prolbem caused by a blocked filter is my guess.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-03-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
hoping that it is the case. Some people have told me that there is no fuel water seperator in the 06 VLX, indmar monsoon 340.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       06-05-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Fuel pump...