Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
We now have a users guide online for the 2007 Supra Helm Station and smart plate. You can download the guide off the Supra site at....

http://www.supraboats.com/library/downloads/Supra_Helm_Station.pdf

You can access this link off the main page under the "New for 2007" link.

If you have purchased a 2007 Supra and have questions about the smartplate this should help you out.

Matt Brown
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-18-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
That looks pretty sick, I like how you can set the plate with the perfect pass and have the plate start down and then move to where ever it is set to. Good Idea!
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-18-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
The smart plate works great i used it in the new 22ssv at a DRA event .
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Cool idea!
But expensive if it breaks
and when the boat is 10 years old you won't be able to get the part.

But it is still a great idea......then again I love
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Kevin, couldn't you say that about anything new? Nautiques have the keyless ignition and you can still get parts for them....... This IS a great idea, and one that may become a standard in the industry. And like everything in our boats, thier expensive to fix.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
I would not doubt that this will catch on. Like I said it is a great idea
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-18-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Kraig I agree this will be an industry standard. Ive been asking for this for 3 years.

MATT - Thank YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
Cool. Awesome feature. I am really liking the improvements in 07. Now if I can just get a good trade in on my 05 24SSV for an 07 22SSV at the boat show in Atlanta this January. :-)
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments on our idea. What I personally have found when using it is to set up rope lengths as names. Typically I run the same amount of ballast most of the time and then adjust speed and wake plate to optimize for rope length. It really makes it simple to drive and I feel confident the wake is going to be just right no matter what rope length.

I do think other manufacturers will eventually try the same concept. We are currently applying for a patent to protect our idea. However, that doesn't mean we want to prevent the sport from growing. I am sure we will work something out so that the whole industry can grow from these types of technological advancements.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Does the wake plate really effect the wake that much? I've got an '06 SSV and don't really see much of a change when adjusting the wakeplate.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-29-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
I dont think they are talking about the wake plate.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-29-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
The Smartplate is the same as the hydraulic wakeplate, like on the 2006 and before models, it just that the smartplate automatically adjusts the wakeplate from all the way down, up to a rider's pre-set position.

The wakeplate does a few things for your boat. With the plate down it gives you a faster hole shot. Also with the plate down, you can flatten out the wake nicely at slalom speeds. When at wakeboarding speeds, bringing the wakeplate up will make the wake have more of a lip to it. It also adjusts the riding attitude of the boat.

taft, the wakeplate adjustments should have a huge effect on the wake. What kind of ballast are you running. I know even with stock ballast, you can noticeably tell a different from when the wakeplate is down to when it is all the way up.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
Dave we will be trading our 05 in for a 07 22 SSV Im soo excited
I also am excited to see how the smartplate will increase wholeshot
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
taft, i've got an 06 21v and can tell a huge difference moving the plate even a little bit. with it down the wake is a lot more rampy, with it up it is very vert with a hard lip.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-30-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
i've got a 06 22SSV with 1400 or 1500 pounds of ballast and I don't notice a huge change in the wake. But maybe its just me. I do see a change, but it only looks like the plate cleans up the wake a little bit. Nothing huge.

(Message edited by taft on October 30, 2006)
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
taft,

Have your dealer take you out in your boat and make them show you the advantages and uses of a wakeplate. You are missing out big time if you are not utilizing the boat's potential with the wakeplate in the right position.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-30-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
You want the nose higher when wakeboarding right? I forget which way (up or down) the plate position is in when it makes the boat ride higher. Haven't been in the boat since august.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
It depends on your ballast placement but with your boat, assuming your ballast is fairly balanced from front to back, I would have the place at about 25% down.