Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
My buddy was looking at buying one so we took it out and rode and i figured id share my experience

My only real issues were that this particular boat had a 350 HP in it so we could load it up with full plug and play etc. It struggled to plain out but with stock ballast the wake was amazing anyway. I can only imagine this thing loaded up with a more powerful engine. Without ballast the boat was actually suprisingly snappy and handled well.

Surfgate
Surfgate was very cool but I believe ours was wired incorrectly so it took us awhile to figure it out. the wave got massive instantly. We did however wish they had a preset on the maliview for "surf" as it took us a while to figure out what would be optimum for the surfgate.(wedge, weight etc) it'd be nice to just have a setting that would have it perfect. In our case it wasnt as easy as pushing a button ( mind you ours was not wired correctly either ) Any ways outside of some small issues it was a very cool innovation and I see it only getting better. Some pics are below of the surf wake
Attached Images

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
another
Attached Images

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Awesome. Thanks for the post. Can't wait to check it put first hand. The wave looks pretty darn good for only stock. Great length as well
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
It was really cool and super easy once we got it figured out. My buddy nailed is first 360 pretty easy on it. Its definitley a sweet feature
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-27-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
Wave does look really long!! Looks good.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
sounds as though you got to demo the boat without a rep? wow...is that normal?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-27-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
impressive
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Is there a way to clean up the wake? It looks extremely washed out and dirty
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
Pocket looks nice and long!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-27-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
Is there a way to clean up the wake? It looks extremely washed out and dirty
From what I have read, more weight in the nose to clean it up.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ty,
My one buddy i ride with friends with everyone that works at the dealership and hes bought numerous boats from them so they just let us take it out. Im interested to see how surfgate is is on a VLX. I dont surf much and am not good enough to notice but my buddy said the wave felt different and kind of weird. What that means I have no idea maybe its just differerent to what hes used to but hes a pretty decent surfer. Makes some sense because the wave is being produced in a different way than it has it the past.

Another thin is turning with surfgate wasn't possible, we could have been doing it wrong but we couldnt turn
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Here's a shot of our wake from yesterday. Stock ballast plus 800 in lead and 6 people. No sacks. 75 feet at 24.
Attached Images

Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       10-01-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
I'd be interested to find out of that was other people's experience with the MXZ as well - a friend bought an '12 and it wouldnt plane out with nearly anything above stock ballast. The theory was that it was a ECM software issue but if the 13's aren't planing out either makes me doubt it.

slammed, that wake is awesome. I own a 07 xstar and it felt very, very similar to my wake slammed. only issue is that he's able to drain the fuel tank in 1/2 a day with the LSA they put in his boat to replace the 350... boat burns a stupid amount of gas. fun to drive though...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
How heavy is he running it? We found that we were running the boat heavier than we needed to initially, and with more stern weight that we needed to. We have the LS3, and we are able to ride all day on about 5/8 of a tank with a mackin' wake. Our boat is a 2012.

A friend just bought the MXZ with the 350, and he was running about 1500 over stock with no issues. I know that if you try to run big sacks in the rear with the wedge, you will have an issue.

I agree with the on the Xstar similarity.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Here's another one that shows the lip. Clean all the way back.
Attached Images