Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
I know the Demented is going to be alot faster than the other 2, I'm used to a premier w/o fins. Any thoughts?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-10-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
All three of those boards are going to ride very different. If you like the feel of the premier, I would check out the LF Substance. The Transcend is a slow board, the fish is just different (but good) and I can't speak for the demented. go demo.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Yeah...That's like saying: A Mini, an F-250, or a Corvette? Okay that's an exaggeration. The point is these three boards are completely different from each other.

I agree with Jon. If you like the Premier, check out the Substance or the Absolute. Both are awesome boards. The Absolute is just a little looser.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
You should demo the CWB Absolute. It's going to be faster than the Transcend, but still has super pop & smooth landings.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Yea I know they're alot different, but are the fish and the transcend that slow? when I came to my premier from my old drifter I thought that was slow, then went finless. I like the ride, but I'm looking to upgrade. That and I've ridden my buddy's new premier (mine's the 03), and I didn't like it for some reason. Any other thoughts? Oh yea, It's kinda hard to demo in nebraska, especially northern nebraska. If you ever do get lucky enough to find a store that carries a decent brand of wakeboard (I mean anything other than walmart versions) they only have one brand. Any other thoughts?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Darinb i rode the 03 premier dna 141 for three years and have tried many boards over that time trying to replace it but could never see to find the right one.I also didnt like the new premier but after many demos i am now riding the 05 141 Absolute Platinum for two weeks now and i really like it a lot.Its great alot like the old premier with more pop and softer landings.

I also like the Demented but now have all three boards and am selling the demented and keeping the premier for sliding..I have a real nice 04 dememnted 141 for sale..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Many people call the Absolute the "Supercharged Premier" You really can't go wrong with that board. It's close to the older Premier, but faster, lighter, more pop, and softer landings.

I have ridden the Transcend. It's the slowest board I've ever tried.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
and for a great price I might add, Bill!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Wow, taht is a great price bill. I'm gonna have to do some more research on the absolute.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
the price is on classified section or just for you all 150 dollars+shipping, smart a$$'$ :-)

i didnt want to post it here as its not classfieds and wouldnt want to upset the old timers :-)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-10-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have the Transcend and love it. I'm not a big, hard cutting kind of rider. best pop of any board I've ridden but yes, quite slow.
Rode the Fish last weekend. Not enough board past your feet meaning you need more tip and tail. making a board shorter and wider is not the answer in my book. Wider is cool but that short?? No need in my opinion. It popped well but landed hard. The less length you have, the harder the landings.
No input on the Demented.
Can't go wrong with the Absolute either. Do a search on here about Absolute feedback. 95% of people love it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey, here's a thought. If you really like the old premier shape, maybe try the ERA. It's basically the same shape, but with a new size matrix and for this year they added a full length "mini fin" that runs from the tip/tail fin through the center of the board. It made the board ride a little faster on edge, but overall the same great board.

The old premier was always one of my favorites. The new premier is slow, but still a good ride and the Substance is what I'm riding now to replace the old premier. Faster, with more pop and lighter. I don't know what else you could ask for.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Mini Fin = Center Spine of the Absolute & Transcend. Personally I'd recommend the Absolute, as it is the sweetest board ever, for reasons described above. The Transcend is an excellent ride as well, it is very slow but practically leaps off the wake without being too abrupt. It also lands smoother than any other board out there, even the Absolute(more edge & an even longer/sharper center spine). Can't go wrong with the CWB.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Trevor Hansens new board sounds crazy too. It should be out soon as has already ridden the prototype. You might want to wait! Although, he likes slow boards so that tells you what to expect to a certain extent.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-10-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Trevor has a board? Any news..?? I heard he has one but no word on shape or anything... What did he say about it?
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
Yah i would def. check out the new era i hear it's a bit faster than the old premier and has that mini fin running through it like Evan said to give it a lil bit more speed on edge and it has 16 "fret rails" which make the board sit a lil bit deeper in the water! if you dont like the new era i would check out the absolute like alot of you guys have been saying both great boards good luck!

Late-
Zach
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
He has a board & it will be quite a bit different. Prototypes are being worked on & that is all most of us get to know. CWB has some things on tap for the next year that are going to be sweet as hell.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
He shared a little with me, but unfortunately I can't comment. They've got some fresh ideas for his board.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-10-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
I can not wait to see what CWB and Trevor have come up with for Trevors board. Nice to see Trevor get his own board.