Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Somebody had a post not too long ago where they saw a Bare Ultra for $250 including S/H. Can't find the post so thought I might pick your great mindz.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-29-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
Grizzly Sports
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Grizzly huh. thank ya 85
Old    wakeboarder408            11-29-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
Kai, yeah i posted that like 6 weeks ago. I ordered 1 for me and 1 for my friend and RV gave me a bigger discount. It was $240 a piece and that included shipping. Since you're gonna buy just one, it'll be $250 maybe $260 depending how far you are from them. Just call 1-866-444-2327 and ask for RV and he'll hook you up.
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Yep can definitely say that I will never ride in the winter without the Bare.. Thanks again Mark.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-30-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
sent you an email.
Old    snoobs            11-30-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
damn 250...sounds pretty good....ive always wanted one but the prices on these things are nuts. how do ya like the bare?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-30-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Im getting ready to buy one but am confused at the sizes. I am 5"8 weigh around 185. I think the medium will be to tight but the large may be to big? Anyone have any advice? I was just going to ored the large because I didnt want to be uncomfortable
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-30-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
I know it sucks, but go try it on. You want it to fit, you don't want any water getting in. I wear a Medium. Your height indicates medium. What you need to do is probably measure your neck, wrists and ankles around and then ask them which to get.

I got the medium because the small was too short for my legs. I tried both on, the seals fit on both, just the length was too short.

Weight doesn't play that big a factor, mine is huge on the inside, so I can wear sweats, polar fleece and my vest on the inside.
Old    wakeboarder408            11-30-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
S.K.Y, i love the Bare Ultras. They fit great with only a small problem which was fixed. Couple of the teeth on the zippers didnt zip up tight so i got a little wet but i fixed it myself and now its fine. Also, i had to trim all the seals so its not so tight. Everyones got different necks, wrists, and ankles size.

Daniel, call Grizzly and ask RV if they have a med/large cuz when i ordered 2 mediums they only had a med and a med/large (well, atleast thats what RV told me) so just call and check. But if they dont, I would rather get the large cuz u can always deal with them being long but not when its too tight. FYI, im 5'8 and weigh about 145 and i got a size small. The legs would be nicer if it was 1-2 inches longer but the width is fine even with sweats on underneath.

Bsflower, btw you dont need to wear a life jacket underneath that drysuit. Non of us do. The air that gets trap in there is enough to keep you floating.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-30-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
Actually, I got pulled over on one of the local lakes last spring and he wanted to see that we had a USGCA vest on. He really wanted it on the outside, but technically we had it on, so we didn't get a ticket.

Yes there is plenty of air to keep me a float, but I don't have extra cash laying around to pay a ticket, so I will play it safe for now.
Old    wakeboarder408            11-30-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Bsflower, thats cool that you wear one. I guess either way, i would get a ticket cuz i dont wear one and even if i do its not USGCA approved. LOL.
Old    chris_newrider            12-01-2004, 5:49 AM Reply   
Check with Josh @ Got River and see what he can do on the Bare. I bought 3 this year and he gave us a great deal. Here's the link http://www.gotriver.com/BARE_ultra_drysuit.htm
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-01-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input ladies and Gents... I think Santa Claus is going to bring me a Bare ultra this year!!! I've been good.