Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
I've seen the tower rack that they use on the Sanger V210, with four 6x9's, and it looks sweet! The guy at Sounds Unlimited told me that they have one for the Nautique that holds six 6 1/2's, and looks really good. Does anyone have a pic of one on a Nauty by chance?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
sorry, I meant speaker box, not tower rack...
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Here's some pics of one that I made for my SAN. I can get you set up with some instructions, plans, templates etc to build your own if you are interested, send me an email.

Thanks,
Jim

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2003, 11:32 PM Reply   
Jim what does that thing weight with speakers in it?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-27-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
my question is how do you get to that board rack? the speaker box looks GREAT!!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
The third rack is a bit awkward and you kind of have to climb on the tower to get to them, but it is better than having them lay on the floor.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2003, 10:34 PM Reply   
Bob,
The enclosure weighs about 18 lbs without the speakers. I installed the speakers after it was attached to the tower, so I do not have the weight with the speakers, but I would guess around 30 lbs.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-01-2003, 11:22 PM Reply   
Are you selling the plans? If not, post it. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that those look amazing.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-02-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Jim is that paint or gel-coat also what kind of mold did you use? It does look sweet and sounds real light compared to what im running
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-03-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
sweet box, and yes - please post plans if you will.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments. It was painted at an autobody shop with black and clear coat. I did not use a mold and if you would like to find out more about how it is constructed, you can check out the link in my profile.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey Jim,

I saw your box while it was here at WCCC the other day. Must say it looks pretty good.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hi Chris,

What were you doing at WCCC? Just visiting or having some work done on your boat? I am getting some different speaker grills so I can put them on and then it will be complete once I get my boat back from WCCC.

Have a great 4th.
Jim
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-05-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
Jim,

I work for WCCC, I'm a service tech there. I didn't notice what you were having done but, hopefully nothing too serious.
We've got about 4 or 5 boats with serious hull damage from hitting stuff, gelcoat and fiberglass damage. Then the associated bent shaft, strut and props and one missing rudder and one bent rudder.

I'm off all next week for Shasta but, if your boat isn't ready til the following week be sure to ask for me.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com