Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
I know there are a couple of threads similiar to this, but i was wondering if anyone has heard both of these systems, and if they have any opinions. I assume they both sound great but i would like to hear a contrast of the two.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-29-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
I was at the show and heard lots of stuff. After Duane did his demo with the addictions the whole hall got quiet. I can only assume that the other guys got embarassed that thier speakers were getting drowned out so they just turned them off. I cannot say anything specifically about the deafcon reference since I did not get an official demo for comparison sake.

I think this will be the summer when we some boat stereo system competitions take place.
Old    skeprico            01-29-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
I can't comment on the skylon speakers but I purchased a pair of Entity 10/10's last fall and the sound quality is fantastic. I'm using 500 watts per side and I can hear the music perfectly at 1/2 volume. I don't know what brand skylon is using for their drivers because I don't recognize the name but the NVS speakers use Eminence pro audio drivers and handle double the power of the skylons. On the down side for NVS they are very large speakers and they are very heavy. I have a wakesetter VLX with a titan series 1 tower and I have to mount the speakers above the tower because they won't fit with my bimini with the speakers hanging under. I don't terribly mind this though since it makes my tower setup look huge with them on top.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-29-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
After going to the boat show today, the idea of 5 individual Addictions to replace my pair of 1010s is really making my mouth water.

As far as the Defcon 4 and 5, they are definitely far ahead of ANY car audio based system. Comparing it to the NVS 1010? All it takes is a close look at the actual components, and their specs to see who the true tower speaker champ is.