Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-27-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2004/badmojo.asp

These guys better have been banned from the lake and hopefully Geoff is pressing charges.

Absolutely obsurd! I cannot believe this happened to such a cool guy.

Who were the necks anyway does anyone know, what boat?

Guess we are going to have to start packin heat to ride our local lakes now in socal.

(Message edited by slipknot on September 27, 2004)
Old    akman            09-27-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
Classic San Vicente........

Anyone jumps into my boat without my permission is going to be in for a rude awakening.....

Geoff needs to press charges for sure and the guys that jumped into his boat should be kicked out of San V for a year if not longer. Knowing the lake Rangers like I think I do, they will impose a lifetime ban for the other people involved.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Man, sorry to hear about that. There is just no excuse for their behavior and they should be punished for sure.

About two years ago, some idiot almost hit my son while he was riding. I will admit that I WANTED to jump in a boat and pummel the guy, but I just let him know how I felt and moved to another spot.

Geoff, I hope you feel better soon and I also hope you file charges against these guys and let the law put them in their place!
Old    obsurfer            09-27-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Thats Sad. Nothing seems to justify it. Since he left and gave it a cooling off period.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
This is a crazy story. Glad to hear no one was seriously injured. It just p____s me off to think about it. I had to read it three times because I was thinking surely they jump into their boat. No one diserves that type of aggression. I know I get angry at other boaters for example when there is about 30 feet between my boat and the shoreline and I have a rope and rider in the water and a redneck comes barrelling between or when other boaters ride my tail like 4 or 5 boat lengths. I have shouted and made gestures and this story just reminds me that there alot of people with loose screws in this world and it is just not worth the risk sometimes. This story could be alot worse than what really happened.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Jumping onto someonce elses boat to deliver a beat down is just way out of line. Unbelievable. I agree these A-holes should be banned from the lake. Maybe permanently?

I too have a question: Who else was on Geoff's boat? Family? Friends?
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
insane story.... regardless of the other side of the story, the situation was totally outta control when they jumped on someone else's boat. I hope they prosecute........
Kinda defeats the whole soul of wakeboarding........
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-27-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Man o man.....

This is just sad, and completley wrong... What kind of chump boards another boat, that is obsurd and unheard of till now - ridiculous... Take care Geoff, I hope this doesn't spoil your love for the sport, keep your head up.

btw - can we get a description of the boat / riders?

-= peace =-
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
Hey everybody,
Dave and his daughter were out with me on my boat. I can truly say this is one of the worst events our wakeboarding community has witnessed but between the article that Dave has wrote as well as the legal actions Geoff is planning to take, I think that retaliation of any sort is probably just going to fuel the situation. Geoff is fine with the exception of a bummed not hurt ego (He was smarter than the three goons put together not fighting back and all. He said to me that there is no where to go when your fighting on a boat. If he had fought back someone would have ended up so hurt that the prob. would have went over board and drowned.) So knowing what he could have done to this guy but not doing it show's how mature Geoff is. If Geoff wants to give a description of the boat and it's pirates (arrhhh) than he will do it. The most important thing that I will take from this event is the way I conduct myself. Dave is right some of us have gotten really hot out there at one time or another. Try not to let another person's stupidity get you angry. Think of Dave's innocent daughter peering at you with a look of question and concern on her face the next time someone cuts through your path or power turns in front of you. Cya on the water P.S. I'll try to post my friends first few ralley attempts that will get everyone laughing. I know Dave and I were!!!
Old    byerly137pro            09-27-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hearing about stuff like this is just scary. Imagine getting pummeled on your boat with little kids on board, the people who would do that our just sick. This reminds me of the crazy hockey dad's that show up at each game. They scream and yell at the ref just because of a missed call. Attention! Its Just A Game. Theres been instances in Toronto that have resulted in manslaughter because of parents fighting. I don't know Geoff but he sounds like a nice guy, and I hope he's alright.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
No words to describe what I feel. Hopefully Geoff won't let this ruin his love for the sport. I have seen this sport grow. In all of the years this is the worse thing I have heard of.
Old    boardline23            09-27-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
i am going to carry a sword and a talkind parrot from now on
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-27-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I am really sorry to hear about this. This sucks on so many levels. Hope things turn out right, Geoff.

I will be the first to admit thet I have had many "colorful" exchanges with a few of the skiers and hydrofoilers on our lake. I will stand by the points that I have argued, however, I do regret the manner in which I dealt some of these issues.

We have actually had someone pull a knife on us at the Lake Elsinore Channel. We bought all the slots for that day, but I guess these idiots decided that they deserved to ride the Channel. They left when they saw that there were about 150 people watching them from the shoreline, post tournament.

I got to talking with a guy at the river one time, conversation took a few turns, and he said that he admired my ski flag. I told him thanks, he said that he had the same one, works really well, not just for skiing/wakeboarding. I said what do you mean? He says that he was out partying in Copper Canyon last year, and some moron hopped in his boat, and tried to take his daughter's top off. He grabbed his ski flag (aluminum handle), and knocked 4 of the fool's teeth right out of his mouth, into the water. The guy then went and got the sheriff and told him that he wanted to press charges (battery). The cop went over and talked to the dad, returned to the kid and told him that he could not arrest the dad for defending his property and family, and that if he didn't leave immediatly, he would be arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.

WARNING TO ALL PIRATES - If you think that you are gonna board my boat, you had better have your invitation out. If I even think that you pose any threat to my ship or her crew, I will defend her by ANY means necessary.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-27-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
know that there is two sides to every story, I think it would be good to hear the other side. But if Geoff is telling the truth that they followed him and jumped on his boat, then the other side really doesnt matter. Their is no reason to leave your boat and enter someone elses to solve a conflict. Even if there wasnt a fight, I would have still charged the guys with trespassing and disturbing the peace. I dont know whats up with crazy boatsmen...
Beer+Boat+Rich Rednecks= trouble.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
2 words, carry permit. we got'em in TN and I'm not afraid to take it. Heaven forbid that I would ever have to use it, but you never know what kinda fools are out there. I don't worry so much about myself as I do by 4 year old and my friends 3 kids. I'm an easy going kinda guy, but I'll only take so much.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
Damn, that aluminum handle flag sounds like more than enough protection. Ouch!!

Old    swass            09-28-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
That's unbelievable!

Make 'em pay, Geoff.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-28-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Geoff gave me the finger first!! You don't give NO ONE the finger unles you want a beat down!! I couldn't let him get away with it!

NO, NO JK. It wasn't me.

Geoff is one of my best wakeboarding buds and I can't believe this happened to such a nice young man.:-(

Really BIG mean people SUCK!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2004, 3:42 AM Reply   
I saw them after the ranger brought them back to the dock. They were in a black X-9. No matter what provoked this, Geoff did not deserve a beating. Sounds like a bad mix of testosterone/alcohol. Hope the cops came out and gave them a tune-up. They should be banned from the lake.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-30-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Geoff I am really sorry to hear what happened. It really sucks to hear stories like this. There are alot of people out there wakeboarding that for the most part respect other people and the stuff they own. However, it is jerks like this that give the sport a bad image.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-30-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
This sounds like it may be the same guy that cut me off (and 5 others) in line to pull out the boat one day last month. And then to top it off it turns out he clipped a car with his trailer and either didn't notice or didn't care. But someone reported him to the rangers so I got a good laugh out of it. Definitely a lot of attitude/ego with the guy if it's the same one, and how many black X-9's are out at San V?

Geoff I hope you're doing well and the injuries weren't too bad.

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-01-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
Someone on here has to know who this guy is. I bet you he is a member on Wakeworld and is on here reading this post.
If anybody knows who this guy is why not speak up and let us know his name so if we ever come across this guy we can take care of Business and give him a little taste of his own medicine. I guarantee you the people down at the Mastercraft Dealer in El Cajon know who this Kook is. If anybody from that dealership is reading this they also better step up and help identify this guy. Someone best step up and help Geoff out. I

Gepff, I hope you sue the crap out of this A-hole and get his boat out of it. Good luck to you, and when the lawsuit is all over give us his name and we can run him for you.
Late
Erik
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
Apparently they weren't banned from the lake because we shared the slalom course with them this afternoon - black X-9 and all of the riders on 04/05 Byerlys. And obviously no regret or remorse about what happened either. I overheard them telling the girls about how funny it was when Geoff's face was covered in blood and the blood in his boat. Apparently the big blond guy went first and then the dark haired guy helped out. Pretty pathetic but they got a good laugh out of it.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-03-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Need to get some pictures of these and post up a million flyers telling everyone what happened. Post them up at the ramps and local pro shops and dealers (On the Edge). Maybe this pos won't think it's so funny when poeple start putting 2&2 together.
Old    byerly137pro            10-03-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
He laughed, now thats just sad. No one deserves that.
Old    akman            10-03-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
WHAT A JOKE.........

That is unbelievable.......jump a guy one week and beat him up and the next week you are back on the lake no problems at all.....but play your radio too loud and they throw you off the lake.....WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!

I bet if it were a wakeboarder that jumped into a fishermans boat they would have been banned for life and the lakes staff would have pressed charges. Since it was a wakeboarder......the staff probably said "who cares, let them beat the crap out of each other"........
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-03-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Theres no need to seek out someone to continue conlfict, they should have just let it be. Boarding someone else's boat with his family and/or friends on board and assaulting him should get you in jail, not back out on the lake. Just remember karma though, it always comes back to get you.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-03-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
sometimes Karma needs a little kick in the rear to get going, if you know what i mean
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
That is totally unreal, Geoff I dont know you but my condolences and hope you get well if you were injured badly. Way to be the better man in the situation so it didn't get REAL ugly, my hats off to you because I don't think I would have been able to keep the head you kept, keep riding bro

peace
Duane
Old    obsurfer            10-04-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
I don't get it. One time my sugar ran low (diabetic)and I knocked over a lady. I spent a day in jail it cost me thousands to show It was an accident. Was on probation for three years and these guys are out riding again! They should be on at least a two year probation from the lake! We watched you guys ride from the side saturday and my wife asked me why the X-9 was given me stink-eye. She thought maybe I knew them. I told her the story but said it was probably an all black boat.

(Message edited by obsurfer on October 04, 2004)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-04-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
Don't you guys have laws in CA? In Florida that is at least a misdemeaner if not a felony. Then it should be a follow up in civil court for monetary reparations.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
"all of the riders on 04/05 Byerlys"

What goes around, comes around.
Old    byerly137pro            10-04-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
I don't get it, what are you trying to suggest? I'm not trying to be intimidating, I'm curious as to what the joke is.
Old    murrayair            10-04-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
John-We have laws out here, but, unfortunately, Cali's judicial sytem is filled with liberal extremists and so anyone with a half decent lawyer can get away with murder(I'm looking at you, Scott Peterson.)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
If the bindings don't fit...you must aquit (sp). That really bites. Good thing I believe in karma.

Eric
Old    paul_murphy            10-05-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Dear Geoff,

All of us at On The Edge Watersports were very hurt to hear about the incident that happened to you at San Vicente. We, along with everyone else can’t seem to understand how boating can turn so ugly, when it is supposed to be a fun recreational sport. At the end of last week we were informed that the other party involved was a customer of OTEW (to our hart dropping dismay). We have since tried to contact them to get their side of the story, “at no avail”, and ask the question “why?”

At this time, as we have no first hand knowledge, and believe it would be inappropriate to comment on any details. We hope that the appropriate actions are being taken by the authorities, with whom we will fully cooperate with in any way.

All of us here at OTEW wish you a speedy recovery and a fast return to the water.

Our best regards,

Paul Murphy

On The Edge Watersports

Service Manager

619-447-0447

Old    akman            10-05-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
I was in Wakesports Monday and apparently the person or persons involved have been trying to "smooth" the waters over with Geoff via the phone and stopping by to see if Tyler can help them.

Nice try.........

Driving your boat around the lake trying to find someone so you can jump in their boat and beat them up isn't fixed with "We are sorry"
Old    akman            10-05-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
I sent an email to the lakes staff asking them what was going on just out of curiosity.

Here is their response......basically until a court of law makes a decision they WILL NOT BE KEPT FROM USING A PUBLIC FACILITY by the lakes staff.

I find this pretty amusing, I was told by a staff member that they had the authority to ban people from the lake if they felt they were "out of hand" or breaking rules.

What a bunch of crap......so what they are saying is they don't have the authority to do jack or if they did don't want to.

Feel free to email any of the lakes staff with your opinion of how this is being handled.

RCollins@sandiego.gov
SSmith@SanDiego.Gov
NManville@SanDiego.Gov
MStone@sandiego.gov
MMiller@SanDiego.Gov
LGardner@sandiego.gov
KTackaberry@SanDiego.Gov
KFloro@sandiego.gov
jrbrown@sandiego.gov

QUOTE:
I can tell you that two patrons were cited by Ranger staff for P.C. 242 Battery. The court date to appear on these citations is November 22, 2004 Another patron was cited via a citizens arrest for H and N 655 Reckless and Negligent Operation. This also has a court date of November 22, 2004.

I would explain that a person is innocent until proven guilty and all of the people involved will be afforded that right concerning access to the city reservoir system. A judge will be the proper authority to decide who could be banded from use of the city reservoir system. I was contacted and advised that both user groups were back on the water this weekend. I requested that staff monitor their actions as best they could and not allow any further actions to take place between the two users.

Thanks

Nelson Manville
Ranger Diver Supervisor
619-668-2013
Water Operations
City of San Diego
Old    grizzle            10-05-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
I keep reading this post hoping to hear the other side of the story ! I just want to know what this Geoff guy did to provoke that kind of aggression... It sounds like extremely bad judgement was used on both sides, but who knows since this thread is so one-sided. IMO there is nothing that would ever justify assult unless of course it was self defense, but I guess it is up to the courts to determine.

(Message edited by grizzle on October 05, 2004)
Old    swass            10-05-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
It sounds like a slam-dunk to me: They went all the way across the lake to confront him, boarded Geoff's boat and threw the first punch. What justification is there for that?

(Message edited by swass on October 05, 2004)
Old    brendanskate            10-05-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

I was on Geoff's boat that day. Im stoked to see how many people care about my buddy. I just wanted to say, like everyone else, that is it supper easy to get fired up out on the lake but that big a*s body of water is not the place for it. If you see those Johnny Deep pirates on the lake leave them alone, you will only hurt the situation further.

Ps: Remember, Guys, when we used to get in fights in middle and high school over stupid sh*t?..... Leave it in grade school when it comes to a chill sport like Wakeboarding.

Take it easy people....Brian Grubb is the man
Old    grizzle            10-05-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
nothing is ever a slam-dunk... why do you think there are so many lawyers ???
Old    akman            10-05-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
CST, There are 2 sides of every story.......but what could the other party possibly have to say?

We got into a disagreement over the usage of the lake, they called us names so we drove around until we found them, jumped in their boat and then beat the guy up that was calling us names......

I see things pretty cut and dry, no matter how pissed off someone gets it doesn't make it right to drive around the lake to find them, jump into their boat and then beat them up.....regardless of what words were exchanged.

Geoff and crew left the heated area for calmer waters, the other party drove to the dock, picked up a friend and then drove around until they found Geoff, exchanged more words, jumped in his boat and beat him down.

Sounds and looks like a no brainer to me.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
"Why do you think there are so many lawyers?"
So smucks like this can get away with the horrible things they bring to our society. Don't even get me started on lawyers!

Nothing is ever a slam dunk because someone always has to come up with an excuss that gives someone permission to harm others. This is ridiculous! No one in their right mind should tollerate this type of behavior. So words were exchanged, let it go. There is no reason it had to get brought to the level it was taken to.

And to your point about this being a one sided conversation. All I can say to that is thank God you are the only one defending this type of behavior. It gives me hope that the morally strong are still in the majority.

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-05-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Gramps,

I have sent an email to several of the parties you listed below.... I find it ludicrous that soemone would actually search around the lake and board a boat to commit this type of act. Secondly I find it absurd that the rangers haven't banned these BOZO's form the lake - what about saftey for the rest of the patrons???

Keep your head up Geoff - We wish you the best.

-= peace =-
Old    grizzle            10-05-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Of course it sounds and looks like a no brainer because this is a one sided thread. I'm not disputing the fact that the a** was in the wrong... (of course he was, and it disgusts me to hear about this) I'm just curious to hear what started the conflict in the first place... what Geoff and crew must have done to get the others so pissed off to do what they did (I guarantee you it wasn't just a matter of name calling). That's all !

Apparently this other boat is a regular at that particular lake, and I haven't heard of any other reports of this black MC just going around and kicking the crap out of every other boat driver simply cause they do minor things such as cut them off, or powerturn in front of them, or call them names. There has to be something that we are not hearing, and that is all I was curious about.

Old    swass            10-05-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
"It gives me hope that the morally strong are still in the majority."

Sorry, but I'm a liberal - that makes me morally bankrupt.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-05-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Im Just Curious!!!

I have now read that Brendon and David were also in Geoff's Boat along with David's Daughter. So David has a good excuse for not jumping in and helping his buddy as I would probably do the same to protect my daughter, But Brendon whats up with just standing there and letting your buddy get his face beat to hell??
Im sure after the Court Hearing ( which I will be present at) we will find out everything that happened that day, and then I will actually be able to see these guys and put some names to them ( which will be posted everywhere ).
Geoff I hope you are feeling badly and I know you can not comment on all these posts because of the Legal action being taken , but Justice will be served one way or another. I Guarantee it!!!!!
Old    swass            10-05-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Do you really mean you hope he's feeling badly?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-05-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
I meant to write better not badly. My brain was saying one thing and my fingers were thinking otherwise.

Geoff, I hope you are feeling BETTER!!!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
Neither I nor my daughter were in the boat. I'm not sure where that came from. This all took place just prior to my arrival at the lake.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-05-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   

quote:

So smucks like this can get away with the horrible things they bring to our society.

they also protect you from smucks that think they can get away with horrible things they bring to society.
Old    whitechocolate            10-05-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
Erik: Dave W said he and his daughter saw Geoff after the fact. He said he wasent on the boat when this happend.
I like CTM and many others here would like to hear what went on and started this whole thing. Im not saying Geoff or crew did anything to deserve this but it would be intresting to hear the whole story in detail.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-05-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Sorry Dave. I thought I had read that in the earlier post.

I am also curious as to how many peoplke were in Geoff's boat. If they were wakeboarding you would have to think that Geoff had at least 3 people in his boat right? Or if he was waiting for David to show up as his third?
Looks like we will have to wait until Nov 22nd !!!

Good luck Geoff and dont settle for anything less than thier boat!!!!
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Joe, of course we also depend on lawyers to defend us, unfortunatly from my life experiences, neither work for what is "right", they only work to win. In my opinion there is no excuse for boarding someone's boat and beating someone up, but I bet his lawyer will come up with something to distort this story and make it seem like there is justification for this behavior.
Old    grizzle            10-05-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
Laurie,
"All I can say to that is thank God you are the only one defending this type of behavior. It gives me hope that the morally strong are still in the majority."

I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by that, or which of my posts you are referring to, but I'll let it go.

Good luck in court Geoff !
Old    moh2o            10-05-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
How about writing the city council? Afer all it is an election year so they might be willing to kiss a little more ass then normal.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
Wow! For those of you who keep saying we're only hearing one side of the story: Tell me, what could Geoff have possibly said/done that would justify being hunted and beat on his own boat by two people?

Geoff,
I hope our justice system does its job so you're not victomized by it too.

B-
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-05-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
hey barry, you've said some things that made me want to hunt and beat you down! keep it hard, bro!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2004, 6:17 PM Reply   
Joe, you're what? a buck-thirty? :-)

I look forward to the next time you board my boat and beat me.

B-
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
I mean victimized. Wh00p!
Old    obsurfer            10-06-2004, 12:48 AM Reply   
Does this mean we all have enough interest to go downtown on Nov 22nd.
Old    brendanskate            10-06-2004, 2:51 AM Reply   
Mr. Webb and others interested...

I Brendan, who was on Geoffs boat when it happened...cannot comment about the specifics about the situation. But you are right, your questions will be answered and the courts will serve justice.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
Wow! For those of you who keep saying we're only hearing one side of the story: Tell me, what could Geoff have possibly said/done that would justify being hunted and beat on his own boat by two people?"

I don't think people are trying to find justification for these actions. I think they are just trying to understand the circumstances. I think you're right that there is nothing that could have justified this on the lake; nonetheless knowing what precipitated the situation could be interesting and indeed useful information.
Old    akman            10-06-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
This isn't straight from the mouth of Geoff but from a pretty good source.

The other party was tied off to the Slalom/Wakeboard course dock filling fat sacks when Geoff's boat came into the area at more than non wake speed causing rollers to go down the course. They became angry, exchanged words and then as Geoff was leaving drove erratically almost causing an accident again exchanging words.

Geoff and crew tied off to a buoy in the kiddie arm when they were approached by the black X-9, words were exchanged and then they jumped into his boat throwing the first and all blows.

The main reason they are mad is from the rollers going down the course in what is a NON wake area of the lake.

The rules state that if nobody is being pulled when you enter the area you MAY enter at more than non wake speed to get past the wakeboard course to get to the slalom course.

This doesn't sound like a very good reason to go beat someone up to me but what do I know.

I have been using the wakeboard course for over 4 years and have had many a fisherman, cruising family, joyriding boats come into the course while I was either riding or driving.

Have I gotten mad.........damn right I was pissed but all I did was throw up my hands or take down a CF number and let the Rangers know what happened.

Causing rollers and exchanging not so kind words with someone doesn't justify assault, battery, breaking and entering.......no matter how you look at it this.
Old    grizzle            10-06-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post GRAMPS... now I can leave this thread and go smoke something while lurking in the drug free thread
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-06-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
Might be nice if Bill J could make the court date/trial, and explain to the court

"Apparently they weren't banned from the lake because we shared the slalom course with them this afternoon - black X-9 and all of the riders on 04/05 Byerlys. And obviously no regret or remorse about what happened either. I overheard them telling the girls about how funny it was when Geoff's face was covered in blood and the blood in his boat. Apparently the big blond guy went first and then the dark haired guy helped out. Pretty pathetic but they got a good laugh out of it."

Wonder how funny these loosers will think it is after 6 months in a cell?
Old    brendanskate            10-06-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Theres nothing happening on the 22nd with the courts. I'm not sure where that came from. I'm working very closely with Geoff with all this stuff and I'll keep you guys posted on info and court dates.

later
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-07-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
That date came from Gramps' post of an e-mail sent to him from this guy:

Nelson Manville
Ranger Diver Supervisor
619-668-2013
Water Operations
City of San Diego

Keep up the good work, Nelson. The judge's memory must have fogged up when he told Nelson the 22nd while they were golfing last Sunday. It could have been the brandy...or that bunker shot that ruined his front nine. Either way he was mistaken.
Old    pixi            10-11-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   

You all are giving your opinion on something that you didnt see.This is one side of the story!!!I can tell you that Geoff was not hunted down and the "big blonde guy" owner of the boat does not just jump in someones boat to beat their a$$ if its not HIGHLY PROVOKED.I am not saying that he should have hurt him as badly as he did but thats what happens when you talk crap to the wrong person. It goes to show everyone ... dont talk sh!! because you never know what or who you are talking to and what is going to happen. Sorry Geoff testosterone was a major factor in this maybe you should keep yours on the low side.
That is absolutley hilarious HEY COUS THEY ARE CALLING YOU A PIRATE I AM LAUGHING MY F.....N A$$ OFF.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-11-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
"I can tell you that Geoff was not hunted down and the "big blonde guy" owner of the boat does not just jump in someones boat to beat their a$$ if its not HIGHLY PROVOKED"

Pixi, you sound like a real You are going to make some lucky felon a real happy man.

There is NO excuse for this kind of behavior. I don't care what was said, you leave it at that. You NEVER board another persons boat under these circumstances.

I hope your friend thinks about this when he finds his ass in jail for 6 months. Looser.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 11, 2004)
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
PIXI, Unbelievable! You must be a COWARD or someone who has nothing to do with the incident and just trying to stir up controversy. Why else would you hide behind a new handle. YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-11-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
a couple of guys i rode with today, frequently ride san vicente. they both said that the guys in the black x-9 are still goin' to san v, and are always there.

maybe they're not banned?
Old    pixi            10-11-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
BRAD C FOR YOUR INFO I KNOW THE BIG BAD PIRATES VERY WELL AND NO IM NOT STIRRING UP SHI! AND WHAT AM I HIDING BEHIND ,,,,NOTHING!!!! SORRY BUT I THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO RE-EVALUATE THE SITUATION.HE MAYBE SHOULDNT HAVE BOARDED THE DUDES BOAT BUT HE SURE SHOULD HAVE BEAT HIM DOWN FOR TALKING SMACK!!!!
AND JEFF FOR YOU!! SO YOU KNOW I AM HAPPILY MARRIED TO SOMEONE THAT HAS NEVER BEEN IN A FIGHT OR JAIL IN HIS LIFE. I HAVE A GREAT CAREER IN FINANCE AND MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU DREAM OF IN YOUR LIFE.
MY FRIEND MAY FIND HIMSELF IN SOME TROUBLE BUT THATS NOTHING COMPARED TO YOUR FRIENDS BEAT UP EGO!!!!!!!!1
YOU BOTH SUCK

(Message edited by pixi on October 11, 2004)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-11-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
make more money than jeff??? in finance? what are you, a high paid cashier? HAHAHAHAHA!

(Message edited by dakid on October 11, 2004)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-11-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
Drug dealership.

Pixi, I can see why you are friends with loosers.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
Pixi, settle down, first of all you are the first one to present the other side of the story, if you read the whole thing you can see atleast 15 people ask about the other side of the story. So if you want to represent the otherside don't just register and come out yelling in all caps and talking smack. Next time just calmly say what you want to and maybe finish it up with both sides did some wrong things and things got out of hand. You are no better than the dudes who did the swinging if you talk smack with other people.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
Oh yeah tell me what dealership so I can fly to CA and buy it.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
How did making more money come into the picture? While we're at it, I bet I have a nicer boat than everyone here, especially a DD X-9.

Personally, I think both parties are idiots. The only reason I could ever justify running my mouth at or beating up another boater for would be running over my child or something equally tragic.

I learned my lesson when somebody pissed me off and I went after them and ran over my rope. I realized it's not worth it to let idiots on the water get the best of you. Shrug it off, life is much easier that way.
Old    pixi            10-11-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
you all make me laugh now i know why your friend got beat down anyway i just had to see for myself how the "BIG BAD PIRATES" made it onto the internet. they are famous lmfao I didnt believe so i had to check this discussion board out myself all i have to say is now i know why this happened.... all of you are smack talkers
thats what happens when ya talk smack maybe you all will learn a valuable lesson This is my last post you all make me laugh. THIS WAS FOR YOU COUS LMFAO SO HARD