Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    surfdad            09-11-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
I was just noticing the Walzer boards, which in very general terms (do NOT bust on me Sean, I know it's a generalization! :-) ) is a 4'6" skimboard outline with twin fins. The twin fins being something you'd see more on a surfboard. The nose, is close to a pintail shape for when the board is ridden revert.

Upload

The folks at Calibrated have a twin fin design in their Piscus.

James and I are starting to shape a Hybrid also, basically a twin tip also, but a twin at the tail and a very minimal fin on the nose to allow for stability when he throws a shuv...basically just to allow him to shuv out. This board has...very minimal nose rocker.

Upload
Upload

Jerry Price at Shred Stixx used to make a board similar in design...shoot, 3 years ago Jerry? I'm thinking he was just ahead of his time in that shape! :-)

Anyway, I think that we'll start seeing high performance boards that will be a hybrid shape, there will be deeper fins in the back for drive and then some manner of allowing stability for when the board is ridden revert.

(Message edited by surfdad on September 11, 2006)