Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (steves1967)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-26-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
Browsing the web and I found this drain plug LED light. Wondering if anyone has ever used these or if I should be the guinea pig??

https://www.boatlightsus.com/underwa...g-light-detail
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       04-26-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
why on earth would you buy that for 149 when you can buy a pair of nice underwater lights for not much more? install isnt any more or less difficult... and that one little light in the drain plug isnt going to do much for you.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-26-2013, 6:34 PM Reply   
^^^ Agreed
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
Screwing this light in your drain hole is just as easy as drilling holes in the back of your boat? I'd like to see someone keep improving on the design. I'd spend a couple hundred on an improved version for as much as I'm out at night.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-26-2013, 8:06 PM Reply   
I dont like it. Just do it right and drill some holes. I dont think any of the "workaround" ways ever pay off in the long run.
My vote, do it right and you will be much happier in the long run. Its really not very difficult to cut them, the hole you drill is tiny.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-26-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
Some people might simply not want to screw into their boat! Or maybe they go through boats yearly, this is a great alternative as you can take it with you (instead of throwing away the $400 you spent on permanently installed lights). I don't think it's that bad an idea at all if it gives good light output.

To me, it's a no brainer. Read the description

"" if you buy our light and are not 100% satisfied, then send it back for a FULL refund." No questions asked. Have you already installed the drain plug light but want a refund...no problem. That's how sure we are about this product. And that's why you can be sure to be satisfied. 100% money back guarantee and 1 year warranty, no-questions asked."
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-27-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
Some people might simply not want to screw into their boat! Or maybe they go through boats yearly, this is a great alternative as you can take it with you (instead of throwing away the $400 you spent on permanently installed lights). I don't think it's that bad an idea at all if it gives good light output.

To me, it's a no brainer. Read the description

"" if you buy our light and are not 100% satisfied, then send it back for a FULL refund." No questions asked. Have you already installed the drain plug light but want a refund...no problem. That's how sure we are about this product. And that's why you can be sure to be satisfied. 100% money back guarantee and 1 year warranty, no-questions asked."
so theres a 1 year warranty, but a 100% money back guarantee? So, 2 years from now, it breaks, im no longer "satisfied".... does that over rule the 1 year warranty and I get a new one?
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-27-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
^^^troll
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-27-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
CenturionCrew did a group buy on this last year. I didn't get one, but several did. From the reports, they were satisfied for what it was, they don't put out a huge amount of light because they have a relatively small surface area, but I believe most were happy with their purchase.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-27-2013, 7:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesk8er2 View Post
^^^troll

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-28-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
I bought one of these LED drain plugs off eBay for my '99 MasterCraft. The LED drain plug didn't fit the brass garboard on my boat. I think these were intended for fishing boats. The diameter and threads were both different. I learned the hard way. I didn't want to drill through my hull either, but apparently there are no shortcuts to doing it right...
Old     (fullon2008)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-29-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
Take a look under Classifieds/Accessories on this site: http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield...at=accessories

This gives all the details of the big 6-LED light.
Old     (Flcracker)      Join Date: May 2013       05-01-2013, 7:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1967 View Post
Browsing the web and I found this drain plug LED light. Wondering if anyone has ever used these or if I should be the guinea pig??

https://www.boatlightsus.com/underwa...g-light-detail
Hey all
My name is Rick I am with boatlightsus . Thanks for the comments about our light. Please feel free to email me at sales@boatlightsus.com with any questions you may have. I would also like to offer your members a $10.00 off coupon with code RPWW.
For those of you comfortable with drilling holes in your boat we do also offer thru hull lights.

Thanks again
Old     (WiffleBallTony)      Join Date: May 2013       05-02-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
I had the early 3-led drain plug light and just upgraded to the 6-led light. It's a no brainner. It puts out more light than transom lights that coat twice as much and it takes 5 minutes to install. Also, the guys selling them will buy back in not satisfied. I got mine of ebay but I think its the same company as boatlightsus.com that carry the guarantee.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-03-2013, 5:47 AM Reply   
Scott,

Can you give some specifics on exactly what 2x the cost transom mounted underwater LEDs that your 6-led drain plug light is brighter then, other then the 3-led you previously had from the same company.

Most forum members here are knowledgeable and understand and prefer data to back up claims on performance and output. Especially since an actual underwater LED comparison was done by a WW member that included many of the popular LEDs, both expensive and price-point.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-03-2013, 6:28 AM Reply   
Old     (WiffleBallTony)      Join Date: May 2013       05-03-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Scott,

Can you give some specifics on exactly what 2x the cost transom mounted underwater LEDs that your 6-led drain plug light is brighter then, other then the 3-led you previously had from the same company.

Most forum members here are knowledgeable and understand and prefer data to back up claims on performance and output. Especially since an actual underwater LED comparison was done by a WW member that included many of the popular LEDs, both expensive and price-point.
There's tons out there. This is one that a friend bought. Not impressed and still bigger $$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Bronze-LE...2ec2e4&vxp=mtr

It is a no-brainner.

Where is the comparison on the site?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-03-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
I am well aware of what lights are out there as I have compared many for price, output and overall built quality. The light in your link is a 3 led, so no offence, but your opinion of not being impressed, doesn't offer much.

Try the search function for the led test thread, hopefully its still around.
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have a question about the pic in your ad...it looks like there are two distinct light sources on port and starboard sides. Is the light in pic a single 6-led light or was this a boat with two drain plugs and two lights? Just curious because most boats on this forum have a single drain plug in the middle. If that is light from a single plug, then I am pretty impressed with your product!!!! Would also like to see a pic with the boat sitting still. Thanks!!!

Old     (Flcracker)      Join Date: May 2013       05-03-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
This was a test there are two 6 led lights one port one starboard and a 3 led light in the center. We are working on getting better pics.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-04-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
If there are 3 of your lights in that picture, totaling around $350, then I do believe its only right to remove that picture from your ad advertising the one 6LED light for $149.
I do not buy products from dealers like you that leave mis leading pictures to hype a product, then be totally dissatisfied when it arrives and have to deal with the hassle of return.

Show the product for what it is truthfully. Bad business on your part.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-04-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
1pair (two units) aqualeds.com product! Just a happy customer showing the actual product
Old     (steves1967)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-04-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
I think i'm going to give it a shot, I'm not real crazy about drilling holes thru the boat and this seems simple enough. I'll report back later.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-04-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
It connects straight to battery? Does this mean it's fixed "always on" or is there a switch or ability to put it on switch with our interior lights? Maybe I read wrong
Old     (Flcracker)      Join Date: May 2013       05-05-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
If there are 3 of your lights in that picture, totaling around $350, then I do believe its only right to remove that picture from your ad advertising the one 6LED light for $149.
I do not buy products from dealers like you that leave mis leading pictures to hype a product, then be totally dissatisfied when it arrives and have to deal with the hassle of return.

Show the product for what it is truthfully. Bad business on your part.

I would like to point out I did not post that pic and when asked I let you know exactly what lights were in the pic.
We do sell all the lights pictured.
Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns
Sales@boatlightsus.com
Old     (Flcracker)      Join Date: May 2013       05-05-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
The light comes with an 8’ cable. *The user can then connect directly to any existing panel, battery, or provide a switch.
Please feel free to contact me with any other questions. Thanks
Sales@boatlightsus.com
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-05-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
I hope this guy is paying to advertise...
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-05-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
Do the lights serve a purpose or is just for looks? Because everybody has them in the back and to me seem kind if useless as far a vision goes.
Old     (WiffleBallTony)      Join Date: May 2013       05-05-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Wow, a lot of haters. I'm just saying I like the light and the concept. Didn't want to get everyone in a huff! Sounds like all the light suppliers out there are mostly offering easy return policies, so threat 'em like Walmart!

BTW, Dave, I like the set up. The boat looks great.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
Dave

Which one did you buy from aqualeds.com? They seem to be a pretty good price for two.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-06-2013, 6:08 AM Reply   
Thanks,
I bought the aqua18s obviously in blue. I didn't feel like spending a lot on shadow casters (or should I say the wife was not giving the approval), but I've been happy with these. Have had several people on the Malibucrew purchase as well and everyone seems really satisfied, especially for how well they work at that price point. Some of the lighting is lost in the camera, but they work well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Y3qbH_6Fc&sns=em
Old     (Flcracker)      Join Date: May 2013       05-06-2013, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
Do the lights serve a purpose or is just for looks? Because everybody has them in the back and to me seem kind if useless as far a vision goes.
Mainly for looks but some do use them for fishing.